I'm Freaking Out!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I posted a while back about a creepy centipede-looking thing that fell from from ceiling. Now, I have found a snake IN MY HOUSE! Granted, it is a very tiny snake--brown and very thin and no longer than about half the length of my foot--but it's a snake nonetheless. It is in the bathroom. I don't know if it's a very small species of adult snake or a baby snake. If it's a baby, then there could be a mama snake and more babies lurking in my house. The thought gives me chills. I absolutely hate creepy crawly things! I did a little research online and found a couple of very small snakes that look similar to what I saw--a Texas brown snake and a worm snake. I don't know what it is, but I do know that I don't want it in my house! I don't have a picture to show because I am too afraid to lift the bowl I have it trapped under to get one.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Send in the cats! This is their job!

But seriously, that's so awful! I recommend hiring someone to take it away too.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can slide a peice of cardstock or folded thick paper under the bowl, then move the bowl and bottom outside at a distance from your house to get it out without touching it

I think tiny snakes are kind of cute when I see them outside but I definitely would not want one in my house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know a guy who will rush off to anyone's house to remove snakes or bats or whatever. He just doesn't want them killed. Know any young people like that?
I have several teenage nephews, but I know for a fact that they would all scream like girls and run away. One of them refuses to set foot in one of my bathrooms because he saw a large spider in there two years ago. If my two year old nephew didn't live two hours away, I would call him over to pick it up and take it outside for me. He's a little badass and not afraid of anything!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call your local herp club and/or reptile supply store? I think they'd have an interest in saving the little guy.

Around here the deputy would just laugh if you called him, I think :D.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, here too. The sheriff would laugh me out of the county.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what keeps me from moving to Texas. I have family there, and the plan was always for me to move there, but I'm terrified of poisonous snakes. :fear:

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is what keeps me from moving to Texas. I have family there, and the plan was always for me to move there, but I'm terrified of poisonous snakes. :fear:
I'm scared of any kind of snake! Where do you live where snakes are not a problem? I may have to move in with you.

The snake in question is no longer with us.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Upstate NY. The snakes here are just grass snakes, they aren't poisonous unless you go hiking up in the Adirondack mountains. I have relatives in Florida too! I won't move there either because of the alligators. I'm such a wuss!