I'm Don't Think I'm Strong Enough

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss and all the stress going on in your life right now
"What ifs" will make you crazy (I know, because I've been what if'ing lately too). Try to get through each day as it comes

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

Right now it looks like you won't get through this, but you will. Focus on just today: right now your mom does not have cancer, your dad didn't have a heart attack, you can get through right now, today. Don't even think about tomorrow, or the future, put it out of your mind and tell yourself, "Today everything is okay. Today everything is okay." You don't have to get through tomorrow or the next year, you only have to get through today, and you can do that.

I know it's hard, but try to take care of yourself. Sending vibes and prayers for you and your parents!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kelli, I'm so sorry for all that you're going through right now. I don't have any words of wisdom to offer like everyone else, but I wish I could just give you a great big hug.

I was just thinking about you the other day when I was going through my Christmas stuff and I remembered receiving the beautifully wrapped, thoughtful gifts when you were my Secret Santa. You have no idea how much you made my Christmas that year. You are a very generous, kind-hearted person, and I just wish I could make your Christmas by somehow by making all your family well.
Vibes for your mom.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, what a terrible time you must be having. Keep your chin up and find something to live for, whether it be your cats, a hobby, your family, your friends, anything that means a lot to you. Hopefully you will find joy in your life even in times like this. Hold your friends closely and lean on them when you need to.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I don't know what to tell you because I feel like you do as I have lost my whole family and you will find that you are strong enough when you have to be.

You have to be because you are the one that will have to be there for your parents.

If you need someone to talk to - PM me anytime!

Just take one thing at a time - otherwise it will overwhelm you.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry; all the turmoil and illness in your family is more than anyone should have to deal with. But, you will deal with it when the time comes. People are so much stronger than they think. As others have said, take it one day at a time. If you think your Mom may just give up, remind of how much you and your Dad love and need her. I wish I could give you some fabulous words of wisdom that would make all of this go away. All I can say is I'm so sorry, and send you positive to help you thru this.