I'm curious as a cat so....

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've dealt with bullies picking on me all my life (since kindergarten) and as I grew older I realized I don't have to take it just to "be polite" so I developed a strong personality (maybe too strong) and people very often tell me I have a "mean / scolding sounding" voice, so I try not to talk back at all unless they are being intentionally rude. Mostly I just glare at them and they get scared, back off and apologize. With a smile I say "Don't... do it... ever again"  
 Sounds mean, but nobody is going to put them in their place for me, so I do it myself.

My dad, friends and I talk about how in the good old days when people told you in your face things in a positive way and you could do the same back and learn from it. Nowadays, people just say rude things "politely" and they expect everything is forgiven. It's not. So sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and not get trampled to boost someone's self esteem.  I'm not proud of this, but I've made people cry (with words) while defending myself, needless to say they never did it again