I'm baffled

Karen48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat is approximately 50 days pregnant, I had her scanned at 2 weeks to confirm this, not only does she not look that pregnant but last night she escaped when I opened the door and didn't return until this morning, when I was looking for her she was being chased by a Tom cat and once she was inside my home my neutured male wouldn't leave her alone and kept making noises, it's though she's in heat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pregnancy hormones and heat hormones are one and the same. If the tom cat caught her and mated with her it would stimulate an estrus cycle, which may be what your male cat picked up on. You may want to get an X-ray to see if she is really (or still) pregnant. If she’s not, get her spayed pronto.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karen48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pregnancy hormones and heat hormones are one and the same. If the tom cat caught her and mated with her it would stimulate an estrus cycle, which may be what your male cat picked up on. You may want to get an X-ray to see if she is really (or still) pregnant. If she’s not, get her spayed pronto.
Thank you, she's rolling about on the floor in front of him making noises now like when she was in heat.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get an xray done to see if she lost her pregnancy as it is common. If she has, get her spayed asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karen48

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would get an xray done to see if she lost her pregnancy as it is common. If she has, get her spayed asap.
Had her X-rayed this morning and yes she had lost them early in pregnancy which is why she is in heat again.
Being neutured in 2 weeks.
Thanks for your advice

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s what I suspected. She will be happier and healthier once spayed.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least you know now. You will have to be extra cautious as she will try to get out asap. Is your vet ok with spaying if she's in heat? Some aren't and some cats are almost always in heat lol.