I'm about ready to explode; so stressed-out. I need to rant. Thanks.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Some of you may have seen my previous post about my father-in-law.  The cancerous kidney definitely is coming out soon; but, today, they found cancer in his bladder.  Luckily, his bone scan came back negative.

This all started last Saturday.  Since they are 3 hours away, both the home and my cell phones are ringing like crazy. MIL's cell phone has not been working right for 2 years now, so I can't hear the important info about FIL I need to hear. On top of it, I'm doing a lot of calling at work--I make the calls brief, of course. I also often have to relay info to my husband while he's on the road. I keep getting wildly conflicting info, too, which is maddening.  I don't mind the phone calls, though, as I want to keep in touch with them.

Some of you may remember my recent insomina because of DH's job post.  That's temporarily sane right now--but his hours change each day. His workplace is in upheaval, and has been for weeks. And his new boss, whom he really liked, was fired yesterday. 

I'm still getting over a cold/bronchitis whatever thing.

Today, MIL called me, asking me to call DH, and have him call his Dad to talk sense into him.  Because of her phone, I only got bits of info, but I did sense urgency, so I called DH right away.  MIL freaked out, thinking FIL was talking about killing himself when he got home (?). I think???   DH didn't tell me much about his conversation with his Dad; he just said everything was ok, and Mom tends to be overdramatic (which she does).  And MIL thought it would be ok for ME to break the news of the bladder cancer to DH. I think she should do it.

On top of all of this: shortly before I was due to leave work today, I ran into a co-worker in the hallway, by the big boss's office; the boss keeps the door open. Anyway, I mentioned to the co-worker my FIL's problem, and she was trying to make me feel better.  I was keeping my voice down, and trying to steer my friend further away from the boss's office.  Of course, the boss ANGRILY slammed the door shut.  Think you have stress, lady? It made so angry. I'm afraid it will come up tomorrow when I get to work; she probably recognized our voices.  And she's the type who would say something. I don't need this crap today, I really don't.

To sum it up:

1.  I'm so worried about FIL. I'm very fond of him.

2. I'm worried about DH; he LOVES his Dad.

3. Ditto for MIL and BIL.

4. I'm worried about DH's job, the way his company is going.

5. FIL's cancer is bringing back the recent stress of my Mom dying from cancer a year ago. I can't bear to lose another person whom I love. 

6. DH keeps saying, "They'll just take the kidney out, and Dad will live to be 100."  I can't tell him what I think; I can't do that to him, but it's so sad to hear him say that over and over again.

Thanks for listening to my rant! I appreciate it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

I just talked to my MIL; I guess I have to be the one to tell DH about the bladder cancer.  How do I do this?!?!  I think I have to, as it seems FIL is going to have surgery tomorrow (they originally said they'd do bladder surgery 1st tomorrow, so we assume it will be the bladder, not the kidney removal).  Any advice? Thanks.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my what a time your having :vibes: for you

I think the best way to tell him is to just say it. I know that comes across as blunt and seems a bit heartless but it saves over thinking it just give him all the details (((hugs)))

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I know you're really stressed and worried right now.....but don't forget to take a few minutes just for YOU!