I'm a victim of April Fool Day Prank and no one will tell me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEEK!!! I am SO SORRY! I was so busy over the weekend and didn't have time to check or post any updates until now.

*sigh* They sure pulled a big one on me....

Brief summary of what happened- I was out of town on a business trip Wed to Fri morning and people from all over the company texted and paged me all day on Thursday saying how awesome my cube looked and how I was pranked big time and that it topped the foil prank.

Here are a FEW of the many emails I got.. So you can see what various people said.

Robin- co worker emailed my boss first- "Did you know what Pamela's friends did to her cube today?!"

Dennis- a friend from a DIFFERENT department- "HOLY SNOT! Have you seen your cube yet?!"

Wendy- an acquiantance from a DIFFERENT department- "Your cube is AWESOME!"

Bonnie- friend from a different department emailed to one of her co workers who was with me on the business trip- "OH MAN! You should see Pamela's cube! They really got her this time!"

Jed- co worker- "HOLY COW. I saw your cube and if I was you, I'd be PISSED. Good luck cleaning that one up!"

When I arrived, a co worker started filming me with her pager and here's what I saw. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pamela4cats/?action=view&current=pamela.flv

Here's what I signed - "There's nothing..
Nothing... There's nothing... You're AWFUL!!! *Shaking fist* Whew! I don't have to clean up..... You got me big time! You got me big time! *Laughing* Frankly- I feel let down now. *Clapping hands*"

There was a sign across my cube saying "Pamela- April Fool Day- Gotcha!!!"

AND..... they told me that they already have something planned for next year for me. I was like YEAH RIGHT!
I think it's starting to be a tradition for my co-workers and friends to play pranks on me for April Fool Day. I couldn't believe they are already planning something for next year.

BUT I do feel LOVED....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I KNEW it!

I hope next year is a really good one, because they owe you some pay back for your making us wait so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I KNEW it!

I hope next year is a really good one, because they owe you some pay back for your making us wait so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWWW!!!
Give me a break! I have been pranked so many times I am starting to wonder if I wear a sign that says, "Please prank/tease me at least once a month".

Some other examples-
  • Everything in my cube was turned upside down
  • Cars were parked real closed to my car so I couldn't even walk to or open my driver or passenger doors. I had to enter from the back door and I was wearing a skirt one of those days!
  • Everything were unplugged (mouse unplugged from computer, keyboard, etc)
  • For my birthday- over 350 balloons were blown up and some had hints in them, they were put in my cube then my boss threw me into the cube breaking the barrier so the balloons were all over and I had to chase them all over to pop them to gather all the hints together then figure out what the prize was. (some hearing people weren't HAPPY with me that day since they kept hearing balloons *pop* *pop* *pop* for at least an hour!!!)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I KNEW it!

Now we can't wait to see what they do to you next year.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Here's what I signed - "There's nothing..
Nothing... There's nothing.
When I saw this thread and read that you were getting lots of messages about what they had done, I figured that it would have been nothing and that they were just razzing you and getting you all worked up!

We were going to do something similar to our clinical resource nurse, but she took the day off!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

AWWW!!!
Give me a break! I have been pranked so many times I am starting to wonder if I wear a sign that says, "Please prank/tease me at least once a month".

Some other examples-
  • Everything in my cube was turned upside down
  • Cars were parked real closed to my car so I couldn't even walk to or open my driver or passenger doors. I had to enter from the back door and I was wearing a skirt one of those days!
  • Everything were unplugged (mouse unplugged from computer, keyboard, etc)
  • For my birthday- over 350 balloons were blown up and some had hints in them, they were put in my cube then my boss threw me into the cube breaking the barrier so the balloons were all over and I had to chase them all over to pop them to gather all the hints together then figure out what the prize was. (some hearing people weren't HAPPY with me that day since they kept hearing balloons *pop* *pop* *pop* for at least an hour!!!)
You must be a really good sport!

I'm not a big fan of practical jokes and would find all of that very trying.

I mean the balloon thing is fun, and appropriate for a birthday but that car thing? That's just rude, in my opinion. What if you were in a hurry? What if your clothes got ruined? etc etc. I also have a thing about privacy and would not appreciate people touching stuff on my desk.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
They were worn out from last year. But they certainly had you worried.

My boss was out on 4/1 and a couple of co-workers got access to his office. They covered every part of the walls, cabinets, the desk, the chair, the back of the door and the floor with post-its. It took my boss most of the day to clean it up.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's IT... I am declaring WAR on my boss and Jed.... Here's correspondence from me with Jed and John (boss) and you'll see why I am ready to KILL.

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:38:28 -0600
To: Jed
Subject: ****videos?

When will I be able to see versions of these?

Thanks!

Pamela
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:04:16 +0000
To: Pamela
Subject: Re: *******videos?

Never. We're lost all the footage. Server crash. Oops.
Sent on the SprintÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Now Network from my BlackBerryÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:05 PM
To: Pamela ; John
Subject: Re: *******videos?

Btw, I told this all to John yesterday.

Sent: Thu Apr 08 13:06:10 2010
Subject: RE: *******videos?
Jeddy-

April 1st is over with.. It’s April 8th now….

Pamela

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:09 PM
To: Pamela Mower; 'jed
Subject: Re: & videos?

Seriously, it looks like you have another trip back to Texas and Georgia on *******'s dime.

-John

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:10 PM
To: John ; 'jed
Subject: RE: **********videos?

SERIOUSLY???????? These are due in THREE WEEKS!!!!!

Pamela

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:12 PM
To: Pamela
Subject: Re: ******** videos?

I know! Not good.
Sent on the SprintÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] Now Network from my BlackBerryÂ[emoji]174[/emoji]

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:14:24 -0600
To: John 'jed
Subject: RE: ****** videos?

OK.. I will contact everyone today and see if I can schedule something for next week then get back to you guys on this.

Pamela

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 1:17 PM
To: Pamela ; John
Subject: Re: *****videos?

Wait! Cat-tastrophe avoided! Dave just found the footage on a separate server that chris had put them on.

Jed

Jed admitted later that it was a big prank that he and John played on me. GRRRRRR... I FREAKED out because it takes a lot of time to schedule filming, coordinate logistics of getting everyone together for filming, etc.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're behind you, Pamela. You can always use the justifiable homicide excuse.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s my plan-

I will put a small radio in a ceiling panel close to Johnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s desk. I will have it on loud enough so only John can hear it. When asked, have you heard this music? All the co workers will DENY that they hear anything and keep denying it all day….

I'm trying to find out what kind of certain music that John HATES so I'll be sure to have it on that channel.

My challenge is to find someone who has a small radio that I can borrow for this.

My other challenge is to think of a good revenge for Jed- he works for another company about 45 minutes away but we work together a lot. Any ideas for this would be greatly appreciated!! *evil grin*