I'm a hypocrite

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in a situation where I'm gonna have to go against my beliefs for the sake of my own health and future. I don't want to say too much here for privacy reasons, but basically I'm going to be working at a location I have refused to go to/shop in because of my beliefs. I need this job and there is no other choice.

So if I'm gonna have to go against my own beliefs and go to this location to work, should I go ahead and do my shopping there in the area, even though it's against my beliefs? Or is it ok to work in that area, but still refuse to shop there? Either way I'm a hypocrite.

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you are in this situation.

If I were you, I would look at the situation this way:
I'd likely shop in the area. Aside from convenience, the more the businesses in the area that flourish - the better the area will be, which will mean an upside for the location in which you will be working and in turn, more job security for you.

Good luck to you, and I hope your situation improves.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To survive it is sometimes wise to set aside one's beliefs unless one has suicidal tendencies and instead chooses martyrdom.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilblu

I need this job and there is no other choice.

So if I'm gonna have to go against my own beliefs and go to this location to work, should I go ahead and do my shopping there in the area, even though it's against my beliefs? Or is it ok to work in that area, but still refuse to shop there? Either way I'm a hypocrite.
We are all hypocrites at one time or another. However, sometimes we just have no other choice but to compromise our beliefs.

In the state of the economy, jobs are scarce and you need to do what you have to to keep a roof over your head and food on your table. So please don't feel bad and please stop beating yourself up.

If you want to shop there, go ahead. If you don't, then don't. But keep in mind that as an employee you will be offered a discount. Discounts are a good thing and can save you money. But the choice is completely up to you.

*hugs*

PS: you can continue to look for work elsewhere once you have the job and money coming in.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

We are all hypocrites at one time or another. However, sometimes we just have no other choice but to compromise our beliefs.

In the state of the economy, jobs are scarce and you need to do what you have to to keep a roof over your head and food on your table. So please don't feel bad and please stop beating yourself up.

If you want to shop there, go ahead. If you don't, then don't. But keep in mind that as an employee you will be offered a discount. Discounts are a good thing and can save you money. But the choice is completely up to you.

*hugs*

PS: you can continue to look for work elsewhere once you have the job and money coming in.

Your survival has to take priority here. You and the cats have to eat, have to have shelter.

Go easy on yourself, do what you have to do, and keep looking for something better.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be surprised to find that it's actually not as bad as you had originally thought.Strange things happen!Start your new journey with an open mind and you may find that you actually enjoy the challenge!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lizzie

You might be surprised to find that it's actually not as bad as you had originally thought.Strange things happen!Start your new journey with an open mind and you may find that you actually enjoy the challenge!
I agree! Go in with a positive attitude and keep your mind open to learning new things about the area and the location

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, I can't be sure if the place you're fixin' to start your new job at is the same place that I once had to subject myself to also work at (I'm thinking it may be based on your description), but if it is, I can relate to how you're feeling. I didn't want to take that job either, also based on my beliefs, but I had no choice at the time as it was the only job I could get. But I had to eat and pay the bills, so I did what had to be done - in spite of how I felt. It wasn't easy going to work every day feeling the way I did, but I did it out of survival. Sometimes, you have to do what you really don't want to do. Life isn't always what you want it to be, and sometimes decisions aren't easy...

Please don't consider yourself a hypocrite for doing what needs to be done. In the mean time, you can continue to search for a different job: I'm sure one will come along.

Best of luck to you!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by herekittykitty8

I'm sorry you are in this situation.

If I were you, I would look at the situation this way:
I'd likely shop in the area. Aside from convenience, the more the businesses in the area that flourish - the better the area will be, which will mean an upside for the location in which you will be working and in turn, more job security for you.

Good luck to you, and I hope your situation improves.
great advice!...

for you!...