If You Could Go Back...

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could go back in time and say to someone, "I'm sorry. I regret..." who would it be and why?

I regret never getting to know my other as a person. She was always my mother. I know now there was so much more to her I would love to have known and shared.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
My piano teacher (when I was about 10 years old). She worked a dairy farm with her husband, and her personality was a little hard-bitten around the edges.

Her son became a music teacher in my small high school and then at a larger school nearby, and produced community musicals etc etc. Then, someone outed him that he was gay. He had to move out of state, and it ripped their family to shreds.

I wish I could go back and talk to her, hug her, something.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My great-grandma. I'd tell her I'm sorry for not visiting more and getting to know her better. She died about 11 years ago. She thought she had more time because her mother died in 2004 at the age of 106.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My great-grandma. I'd tell her I'm sorry for not visiting more and getting to know her better. She died about 11 years ago. She thought she had more time because her mother died in 2004 at the age of 106.
I was going to say the same, but with my grandad. There's so much I want to ask him. He died in 2007.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mother also. She was just not a "talker" so we did not talk much. She died last March. In the last couple years she could not hear on the phone, so I could not really talk to her (She lived in another state). I wish I had written to her more, just to let her know I was thinking about her. And there are things I wish I had asked her about her family. There is no one to ask now.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d say to my dad I’m sorry I got upset. That I would have said how much I appreciate and love you and how much you mean to me.
Backstory, my dad was bedridden, he could have lived. He chose not to starved himself to literal death. Last time I saw him he after cleaning his bed and body I tried his favorite ice cream. He spit it in my face. I got upset and said I love you daddy but you can’t treat me this way.
That was my daddy’s last night alive.
Had I known.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would apologize to my Dad and explain myself better than I did at the time when we made the decision to leave NY and move to MO.It upset him greatly,and I always regretted that.Sigh...I was young and defiant back then.