I Think My Kitten Is Sick, Please Help

Lavendererr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I’m a first time cat owner and have recently gotten a 13 week old male kitten, he’s been wormed and had his first set of vaccines.
However over the past few days he has seemed sick. It started 2 days ago where he seemed very tired and a little shivery, so that night o put him to bed with an extra blanket and hot waterbottle, he seemed fine in the morning.
However today he has had a diarrhoea and a leaky bum(poo on bum even when he hasn’t been to the toilet). His third eyelid was also visible but after he had been to sleep so I’m not sure that has any importance. He’s booked for his next set of vaccines on Friday but should I take him to the vets before then.
Many thanks me and Felix ☺

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
its not uncommon there is a stress reaction induces healt problemw when a kitten changes environment. Read, going from breeder / shelter to a home.

So this doesnt need to be very serious, but shouldnt be neglected either.
If its in your possibilities, yes a vet visit is wise. And probably to wait with these extra vaccines till he is entirely healthy again.
During the time, continue with what you are doing, make it comfy for him. Make sure he has his own safe room. Perhaps a fur companion. A warming pad... etc.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, hold off on the vaccines for now!!!
It used to be common knowledge that you don't vaccinate a sick animal, but it doesn't seem as common anymore. Another week won't hurt the little guy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lavendererr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its not uncommon there is a stress reaction induces healt problemw when a kitten changes environment. Read, going from breeder / shelter to a home.

So this doesnt need to be very serious, but shouldnt be neglected either.
If its in your possibilities, yes a vet visit is wise. And probably to wait with these extra vaccines till he is entirely healthy again.
During the time, continue with what you are doing, make it comfy for him. Make sure he has his own safe room. Perhaps a fur companion. A warming pad... etc.
Thanks for answering and sorry I took so long to reply! We took him to the vets and they gave him antibiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lavendererr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, hold off on the vaccines for now!!!
It used to be common knowledge that you don't vaccinate a sick animal, but it doesn't seem as common anymore. Another week won't hurt the little guy.
Thank you very much, we waited for the vaccine and antibiotics cleared up the problem quickly