I think my cat wounded her nose!

AnnaAndAda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’ve attached this picture for further clarification. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for this kind of thing. Anna already has her regular vet check up scheduled for this Friday, but until then is there anything I should do, any ointments, things like that?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could also try using a chamomile tea bag (standard grocery store variety which are almost always German, you don't want English nor any additives/flavorings, brew one in water, cool to room temp, and then dab on with a cotton ball or soft cloth multiple times a day. The tea is a healing and soothing agent, and has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is also safe should she ingest any of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnaAndAda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You could try gently wiping it with warm water bill f she will let you, it will remove and dirt or blood and let you see the wound more clearly. Can you send the photo to your vet for his opinion.
Thank you for the advice! I’ll try doing that. I felt a but awkward since it’s a new vet but we might as well give it a go.

AnnaAndAda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You could also try using a chamomile tea bag (standard grocery store variety which are almost always German, you don't want English nor any additives/flavorings, brew one in water, cool to room temp, and then dab on with a cotton ball or soft cloth multiple times a day. The tea is a healing and soothing agent, and has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is also safe should she ingest any of it.
Hi! Thank you for the advice! I will try doing that until the vet appointment on Friday!

AnnaAndAda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! She’s a dilute calico 😊 By the way, your cat is adorable! Calicos are so pretty ❤

AnnaAndAda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is so pretty! I love the coloring of her fur
I accidentally replied in the thread instead of directly to this message 😅 oops! But I just wanted to say thank you! Anna is a dilute calico. By the way I love your cat’s colouring too! Calicos are so pretty ❤

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I accidentally replied in the thread instead of directly to this message 😅 oops! But I just wanted to say thank you! Anna is a dilute calico. By the way I love your cat’s colouring too! Calicos are so pretty ❤
Thank you 😊! Dilute calicos are so precious really. I hope Anna gets well soon the poor thing 🥺. She’s adorable.