I Think My Cat May Be In Labor?? Help Please

4pawedmommylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 2 year old kitty "Loki" is very pregnant, and yesterday around 3:30/4 yesterday, started leaking some really thick and pinkish discharge. My guess is that was her mucus plug, but I'm not 100% positive, as it has been many years since I've delt with a pregnant mommy. She's is still leaking that discharge and still no contractions or any babies. I have several nesting spots prepared for her so she has some options, but she seams to not approve of any of them lol. I have my other animals locked in the other part of our home so that she has a quiet space without them stressing her out. Is this a sign that she is going to be starting labor soon? How long should it be until her contractions start up? Should I be worried that nothing has happened yet? She is currently sleeping on my bed next to me. She's definitely been very clingy and wanting to be right by my side the last two days. I figured it was no big deal if she chose to have these babies on my bed, as I just want her to feel comfortable. I've been petting her and trying to comfort her and let her know I'm here to help. Any advice is grately appreciated!! Thanks PS_ I just created my account and am not sure how this all works yet. I created a conversation on here already but I think I did it wrong.. sorry about any confusion!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The mucus plug can break days before a cat gives birth. As long as the discharge isn't smelly, or green or brown in color, everything should be going normally.
Here's an article that answers some common questions about pregnancy, birth, and labor in cats, including about the mucus plug: Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!
And an old thread that you might find helpful: She's lost her mucus plug over 24 hours ago.

I hope this helps a little! Keep us updated! :)