I think my cat has ear mites.

zwel8606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll attach photos for reference. But he has been grooming his face and ears a lot and has brown spots and wax inside his ears. He also has thinning hair around his eyes and build up of mucus by his eyelids.

Attachments

leyz

First Time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
poor kitty! mine had too. i think he still has but i'm controlling it.

i saw the vet and he gave 2 shots - every other week. mine had blood spots before and kept scratching.

the vet game me cleaning solution but i still see black debree in his ears so I bought the R7 earmites from petco. bought it instore, price matched online and it is only 8.73. barely started putting them so idk if it is effective.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could be mites or a yeast infection - I'm going through this with one of our cats.
I personally would not administer any medications myself unless I know what the problem is.
Your vet will be best equipped to help him. His skin looks quite inflamed and he must be terribly uncomfortable.
When was the last time you brought him in for a lookover?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zwel8606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could be mites or a yeast infection - I'm going through this with one of our cats.
I personally would not administer any medications myself unless I know what the problem is.
Your vet will be best equipped to help him. His skin looks quite inflamed and he must be terribly uncomfortable.
When was the last time you brought him in for a lookover?
Not in a while, at lest not since he got neutered. He is about a year old.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok that is normal for a young cat but clearly something is brewing which needs attention. Our girl developed recurrent yeast infections in her ears around a year old. Certainly a good idea to bring him in now since you aren't sure what it is. The vet will be able to rule one or the other out quickly. Mites are pretty easy to take care of once you know what they are and yeast infections normally can be also. Let us know how it goes once you get a diagnosis.