I Somehow Acquired 3 Cats In The Last 2 Years

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Before 2 years ago I had never had any cats, and i certainly wasn't looking to change that. However, it was winter and freezing raining, I noticed 2 young kittens climbing a tree in my backyard. So I took them in and named them Mister and Molly.
pictures of then:
Molly:
00000605 (Copy).jpg

Mister:
00000596 (Copy).jpg

They quickly adapted to the indoor cat life.
00000613 (Copy).jpg

Then last year this cat started hanging out on my back porch. I tried to ignore him for a couple weeks, and it got to the point he was there every time i looked outside. I was very reluctant to bring him inside because the other 2 got along so well.
00000619 (Copy).jpg

After searching for someone that he belonged to, I eventually caved in and took him to the vet to get checked for a chip and get neutered. I named him Oscar:
00000742 (Copy).jpg

The vet said he is probably a couple years old. He too took to the indoor cat life easily.
DSCN0876 (Copy).JPG

After slowly introducing them, it turns out they all get along fine.
IMG_0176 (Copy).JPG

They stand united against the common enemy, the backyard squirrels.
IMG_0079 (Copy).JPG

It's only recently that Molly has learned the wonders of the TV.
DSCN0872 (Copy).JPG

Taking care of them has been surprisingly easy. They aren't picky about food or litter. Mister and Molly don't mind getting their nails cut and Oscar is getting better about it. They all love toothpaste but i'm still working on getting them to like toothbrushes. They have never clawed up anything, and they stay off the kitchen counters and tables.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat site, kobata1928, Molly, Mister and Oscar! :dazzler: Your kitties are lovely and your pictures are great! I particularly like the fourth one with Mister and Molly hugging with heads together. :redheartpump: Thanks for taking these sweeties in!

There are many great folks and good articles here. If you need anything, just ask!:welcomesign:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0C8997AB-8C37-4B76-A293-20D32E1CCB24.gif
kobata, Mister, Molly and Oscar,
On behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27B637CC-A59E-4B50-9609-BB5B2B181564.gif
to all of you.

Thank you for taking these kitties in and giving them a warm and loving purr-fect home.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and do post them under the appropriate forum headings and and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site and just some readings to help you find your way around the site :-
New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

All your kitties are lovely :happycat::lovecat4:

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Thank you for rescuing these three beautiful kitties and giving them a loving home. :hearthrob:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: Your kitties are all gorgeous. I love the picture of Misty and Molly. :catlove: I love their names, as well. And how great for everyone involved that Oscar, the latecomer, has been welcomed into the kitty family. :catrub:
Thanks for rescuing all 3 of them. :petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome...and you have already learned the basic #1 law of cats. Sometimes you choose the cat, but often the cat chooses you! And what pretty babies chose you.
upload_2017-12-6_16-50-23.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley: :hithere::welcomesign: Your family is just marvelous! All so beautiful and well mannered. You are just great for rescuing them all. Post lots and lots of photos your photography is fantastic.:wave2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the welcomes!
Of course they love the comforter that shows cat hair the most.

Not happy to be woken up by getting a picture taken.

Oscar is not much of a lap cat, but he sits in a spare computer chair right next to mine most of the time. All 3 of them love getting their belly rubbed.

Molly and Mister still insist on sharing this box, though they don't fit as easily as they used to.

Oscar doesn't really cuddle like the other 2 but he likes to lay touching.

Unfortunately for them the trees in my yard block most of the sun, so they have to find slivers of it shining through at certain times of the day.