I need your help!

Volky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.

We spayed our cat 12 days ago.
On the 7th day we went to vet. to check if everything is ok and they told us he has a fever 39.2 °C
So they started to give antibiotics injection, vitamin injection and antifabrile injection for 5 days.
They said the anesthesia weakend his immune system and he has infection on this tongue.
This is the reason his salivia leaks from his mouth.

He started to get very angry after 5th day so the vet said we should give the antibiotics at home.

He doesn't eat dry food but he is ok with wet food.
I don't see him drinking water.
İ don't know how to strengthen his immune system and get rid of this infection on his tongue.
I will go to vet after 2 days but I am not sure that to do..

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just make sure he is getting his antibiotic. Is it pill form or liquid? Pill form you may be able to crush and put in something, call your vet and make sure it can be crushed. Go to your local store and see if they have what they call 'lickable treats'. I get the ones by Hartz called Delectable Lickables in the stew flavors. If you can't find any, use canned tuna juice and mix it in. Just small amounts of treat or food, and then give the rest later. This is what I put all my cat's meds in and they lap it right up. His tongue and mouth are most likely sore, so that is why he is eating wet food. I get a supplement called DMG for cats on Amazon. it is a liquid supplement to help keep the immune system strong. My cats have leukemia and need it.
Make sure you can get him to eat and drink as much as you can. Mix some water in his canned food and see if he can get water that way. Set several small bowls of water around to tempt him. Tempt him with Gerber meat only human baby food, bits of boiled chicken, goat's milk (NOT cow's milk), and maybe some canned kitten food which is higher in nutrition and calories than grown cat food. I wish you all the luck, I hope others will come on to help too. it is very early in the morning here right now, you can post like one line to bring your post back up to the top. Bless you, for caring so much and asking for help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Volky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really appreciate for your time and advises, I will update you by the time 🙏
Antibiotics is in a pill form and he has no problem eating within a wet food and İ will definitely get some kitten food for the high nutrition.

Best

Volky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, i am checking right away 🙏

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Volky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, the reviews brightened my day 🙏
Since I live abroad i will try to find similar to this.

Best

• Purraise
Reactions: tnl

Volky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

My cat is getting better he started to play 😍
The ulcer on his tongue is very small right now and he started to eat dry food.
No salivia is coming out from his mouth and his fur looks perfect(he started to clean himself)

We gave him antibiotics (pills) and vitamin (pills) and feed him with wet food for 2 weeks.

Thanks for your all support 🙏

I wish a healthy day for you and your family all🙏