I need you help. White spot on kittens butt.

Vacy93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
My 6 months old female kitten, got spayed 3 days ago. After the surgery, I first noticed a white spot on her butt. At first, I thought it was just a pair of sand from her litterbox but when I tried to wipe it with a baby wipe, it wouldn't go away. I realized it was something "strong", as in, not liquid, and maybe is inside her butt? I will attach a photo to help you, help me. I thought it might be warms. I gave her a pill for parasites in late January and as my vet told me, I should give her again in late march-first days of April. Thank you in response. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

Attachments

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi

I believe it might be tapeworm...or some type of worm. It's easy enough to treat. There are a few types of pills. Drontil I think covers all the worms and its just 1 pill now and 1 in 2 weeks....not sure what your kitty was given in January.

Hope it works out ok....and I hope you don't see them in the poo bc I am still traumatized by that site with a stray I took in. 😬

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vacy93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for your response. I gave her milbemax, on January 8th. My vet told me to give it to her every 3 to 4 months so I guess I will have to wait a little bit longer.
I sure hope I won't see worms on her poo!! Soundsbad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vacy93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I believe it might be tapeworm...or some type of worm. It's easy enough to treat. There are a few types of pills. Drontil I think covers all the worms and its just 1 pill now and 1 in 2 weeks....not sure what your kitty was given in January.

Hope it works out ok....and I hope you don't see them in the poo bc I am still traumatized by that site with a stray I took in. 😬
thank you for your response. I gave her milbemax, on January 8th. My vet told me to give it to her every 3 to 4 months so I guess I will have to wait a little bit longer.

lesliel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No problem! You might want to try to take her back to the vet now and ask about Drontil. It's fast and easy. I am not sure what happens you wait with worms..I assume they get worse and populate more so it's probably better to address now before it gets horror movie scary lol. I swear I didn't think moving worms in poop would scare me as much as it did.

Also you will need to clean the environment once you treat her. Vacumn and stuff to remove any eggs and stuff. I am not totally sure as I am not certain exactly what your kitty has.