I need to buy a new Slow Cooker - any suggestions?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my crock-pots and I use them 3-4 times a week. I have a 4 quart one and  a 6 quart one. I use the small one for beans and veggies. I use the big one for soups, stews, and meats. I make extra so I can freeze. I went to my moms for two weeks once and before I left I made my fiancee enough food for the time I was gone in mine. I also have made a lava cake in the small one. It was good. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finally bought a new slow cooker!  I stuck with the 6 quart, and Crockpot name, so it is similar to the one I had before.   I still may get a casserole one someday, and maybe even a 4 quart one, but neither is an urgent purchase, so I'll wait for a good sale.

The one "must have" option was the ability to set the cook time in increments of 30 minutes.  A lot of them have set times only, like 4 and 6 for low and 8 and 10 for high.  I also wanted a "warm' option.

It's washed now and ready to go. Will probably make something in it tomorrow.  Just have to decide on the recipe.  
http://www.crock-pot.ca/en_CA/slow-...olished-stainless/SCCPVC600P-33A.html#start=2

I love my crock-pots and I use them 3-4 times a week. I have a 4 quart one and  a 6 quart one. I use the small one for beans and veggies. I use the big one for soups, stews, and meats. I make extra so I can freeze. I went to my moms for two weeks once and before I left I made my fiancee enough food for the time I was gone in mine. I also have made a lava cake in the small one. It was good. 
@Louann Jude   - I've heard of making baked goods in a slow cooker, but haven't tried yet.  That may be the excuse I need to buy a smaller one. 

I did make lasagna once, and it was ok - I cooked it too long though, so the noodles were a little too soft. 

Last edited: