I need help with my mother cat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch, looks nasty... Do you have contact to a vet? You could send a couple of pics...

You could try to cover these teats, put on some udder balm, or organic coldpressed cocoa oil or olive oil;

and rotate the kittens, half off, half on. So they will use the remaining teats.

A good momma is often suffering through, although in pains. So her accepting her kittens nursing doesnt say much.

N Nicky_xiiv

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like an infection for sure, she needs an antibiotic. Call your vet, send them that picture and see if they will give you an over-the-counter antibiotic. You can find them sometimes online too. This is VERY painful for her. you might apply some human antibiotic salve in the meantime, make sure it does NOT have painkillers in it like some do nowadays. I feel so sorry for her. You could get some lickable treat to put the liquid antibiotic in, it helps with her accepting it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch! That may be fungal. You could try applying a feminine vaginal yeast creme such as Lotrimin or Nystatin may be prescribed by a vet.

Mastitis usually shows as red, swollen and inflamed mammaries and nipples. Mastitis definitely requires antibiotics. Either way, that is painful looking. You can email the photo to your vet, or she may need to be seen.

Do not let this go! Keep us posted.

N Nicky_xiiv