I need help my cat has a bald patch on his back and I’m worried

Danielaabarreraa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my name is daniela i got my male cat around a year ago and I’m worried he might have an infection or ringworms i think? But I don’t know much about cats and I don’t want to do anything to harm him and about his bald patch he’s had it for about 3 months I know I should’ve done something about it sooner but I assumed that it would grow back but it’s stayed the same and now he has two little bald patches on his head by his ears and he’s been acting normal he sleeps, eats, plays every then and there. He does go outside for a few hours I try not to let him out anymore because I fear him getting ticks or fleas or getting hurt but when my roommate leaves for work early mornings she opens the door and he goes running out. He also if like always grooming himself but he’s never thrown up a hairball and the reason I’m really concerned now is because like 2 nights ago he started making noises like coughing but he wasn’t really twitching it just sounded like he was coughing or like struggling to breath. Please help me I’m scared and worried for him and if I’m honest I’m imagining the worst that could happen to him.🙏🏼🙏🏼

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think the fact that whatever that is, is spreading and has been going on for 3 months or so, is cause enough to contact your vet about it. You can try sending them pics and see what they say, but odds are they will want to take a look at it in person.

I don't know if it is an infection or ringworm, or any other number of conditions, but what I do know is that most any of them will require examination, diagnosis, and treatment by a vet. The very issue with the coughing is even more of a reason to have him checked out.

As far as your cat getting outside due to a roommate, means that you need to take precautions to disable him from doing so. The easiest solution is for you to keep him in your bedroom with the door closed so your roommate can leave without him getting out. That is assuming you can manage to keep him inside otherwise. However, here are some other things to try.
4 Foolproof Ways To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door - TheCatSite