I Need Help Finding A Stray Scared Cat.

lost cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that needs help he is a stray that is very scared. He was attacked by another cat many times and that cat took his home. The people are keeping the mean cat so the lost cat can't come home. He is in the area because I can hear his little scream when he gets chased. I have been looking for him he has been lost since June 26 17. He has gotten feral now being gone for 4 months he is hiding I have not seen him once, but some people have seen him. How do I help him if he can't go home because of the other cat the people think the lost cat won't come back. They are wrong. I can't keep him I want him but I have 5 cats and live with my mother how would have a fit. I can't trap him myself is there anyone that would socialize him so I could have him later? I have no room for a feral in this house. There are coyotes out there where is lives and I am scared for him. He has to go qiute a few blocks for food and I can't feed him as I dont know where he is . Thanks for any help

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any way you can contact a rescue group in your area to see if they are willing to help? They could possibly trap him for you and at least get him neutered. Maybe you could then care for him on your property. You could make a shelter for him.

If the other cat is a male and not neutered there will be continued fighting between the cats. The cat may not necessarily be mean, but unneutered thus he is being driven by his hormones. Cats become territorial, fight and only want to search for a mate. It is a very hard and difficult life. Most males, once neutered and the hormone levels drop, begin to soften and stop the fighting. They no longer have the drive.

I would talk to the neighbors about having this cat neutered to stop the fighting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lost cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that needs help he is a stray that is very scared. He was attacked by another cat many times and that cat took his home. The people are keeping the mean cat so the lost cat can't come home. He is in the area because I can hear his little scream when he gets chased. I have been looking for him he has been lost since June 26 17. He has gotten feral now being gone for 4 months he is hiding I have not seen him once, but some people have seen him. How do I help him if he can't go home because of the other cat the people think the lost cat won't come back. They are wrong. I can't keep him I want him but I have 5 cats and live with my mother how would have a fit. I can't trap him myself is there anyone that would socialize him so I could have him later? I have no room for a feral in this house. There are coyotes out there where is lives and I am scared for him. He has to go qiute a few blocks for food and I can't feed him as I dont know where he is . Thanks for any help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lost cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the info, as today I hope he is still alive the coyotes were up there again about 8pm last night. I really worry about him. I don't think he has found a new home yet he has been gone 4 months. I have been feeding him for about 3 yrs and he has not been back to my house in the last 3 months. He is to afraid to stay here because about 4 yrs ago I was feeding him here and the raccoons started coming around. He got chased a few times and left here. I found him about 3 blocks away across a 2 lane road and he has been there for about 1 and a half years I was looking for him all that time. I didn't put him on craigslist because I don't trust that site to much. I look every day and never see him. That other cat came because I fed him well and he had a nice place to live with new bedding. This ladies boyfriend feel the mean cat fought for what he wanted so he is keeping him. I hope my little lost cat can find a new home. He is very scared and he was not as bad before. I really don't want him to be out there anymore but he is an outside cat.