I Miss My Loving

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Yeah, she was sneaking that one in...
But there may be a little nugget of truth in that statement. Just sayin'..........

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kaymen, my Tort was just like Turtle, too the point I thought she hated us and considered finding her a more 'quiet' household when she was about a year old since she always seemed so stressed over the kids and dogs (I know that's not your issue) but she never ever had anything to do with any of us...

UNTIL the last year or so (she just turned 9 last week) she can't get enough of us, seriously she is such a LOVER now, such a different cat!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Turtle will eventually come around. I've noticed that my cats tended to be more affectionate the older they got.

Chynna
was always affectionate, but as she got into her senior years she became down right needy and always wanting to be held.

Abby on the other hand when she came to me at 4 months old didn't like to be held at all. She always made sure I was within her line of sight no matter where she and I were in relation to one another. If I got up and left the room, even if she was sleeping, she came right along with me, laying near me but not near enough for me to touch. And she rarely slept in my bed at all, preferring the closet or the living room.

I guess it was around 6 years old when she started to want to be near me more. She started to sleep with me in bed, pasted right up against my side. She still doesn't like to be picked up and held unless it is on her terms. Meaning she will initiate it when I'm sitting down by putting her paws on my leg and meowing.

So give her time. Love on her as much as she will let you, and vice versa.

Do you brush her? I find that Abby gets very loving when I brush her and she will even climb up on me to make sure that I don't miss a spot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Do you brush her? I find that Abby gets very loving when I brush her and she will even climb up on me to make sure that I don't miss a spot!
Turtle--not a fan of the brush. I really can't even touch her below the neck without her getting anxious. Getting her from a shelter, I don't know what she may have gone through in her short life. I know she didn't have it easy at my friend's house though.
I'm going to give her time. She'll eventually realize that I'm here to love and care for her. I feel a lot better after reading everybody's thoughts on the matter.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cats have always been very healing to me. I give them 95% of the credit for my sobriety and my peace of mind over the last 16 years. My cats have not only given me love, but they taught me how to return love.
I've always been fortunate to have the most affectionate cats in my life...until now.
Turtle wants NOTHING to do with any kind of affection!! She doesn't even sleep with me!! I've never had a cat NOT sleep with me.

I realize she's still young and we do bond by playing fetch all the time, but is this it? Are we as close as we're ever gonna get? If I need to just chill until she gets older and mellows out a bit, I will, but for now it's killing me!!
I miss my loving Bella so much. She really spoiled me with her constant affection. I've gone from one extreme to the other.
I know there are those of you dealing with so much more serious things in life. I should be (and I am) very grateful she's happy and healthy! I just needed to whine a little bit.
I'm watching her now, asleep in the recliner and she's is beyond sweet and precious. Should I try to steal a kiss?
I so know what you mean. I miss Maverick's lovin' horribly.
None of my other furkids like to cuddle like he did.
Geronimo can be the most lovin' thing when he wants to be, but he doesn't like being held. Winchester, Ricochet, Samurai, BlackJack, & Spencer are all little lover-boys too, but not in the same way as Maverick was. They like sitting in my lap and all, but really don't like being cuddled. Gabriel is just a grumpy old man now, and the "girls", i.e. Salem, Jinxy, Chiquita, & Cassidy don't mind being petted on their terms, but want nothing to do with being held or coddled - especially Chiquita - which I really don't understand cuz I've been cuddling them since the day they were born (Ricochet, Jinxy, Cassidy, & Chiquita, that is). I miss my Maverick more & more all the time. He was my heart kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittKatt, I so understand what you're saying. Bella was my soulmate kitty like Maverick was yours. That's what I miss the most.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

KittKatt, I so understand what you're saying. Bella was my soulmate kitty like Maverick was yours. That's what I miss the most.
There's just no replacing the soulmate kitties.
I've had to resign myself to the fact that I'll probably never get over losing Maverick. He was so special to me and one-of-a-kind.
I miss him horribly.

Many hugs to you, Bella.
I feel your pain.