I keep going back and forth on the sex of a stray kitten I rescued. Please help!

catlady960

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I initially thought male, then switched to female, now I'm thinking male again, lol! I'm waiting on a friend who's sending me money for it's first vet visit, but would love to get a better idea now whether it's a boy or girl. What do you think?
103705259_10158413554923607_4445386513986950042_o.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to tell with pic but I think boy. I am not seeing testicles though but it could just be the angle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady960

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hard to tell with pic but I think boy. I am not seeing testicles though but it could just be the angle.
That's why I keep questioning but the two little dark areas might be them. He/she is such a tiny thing, it's hard to tell. It was found camping out under my car the last couple of days. Got it to come out and eat some canned cat food and eventually it came all the way out running behind me to the house. Was going to call a rescue service to get it, but once it was in the house, it claimed me as it's own, lol, so for the first time in many years, I'm a kitten mom again. I have two adult male cats, and though they seem a little jealous of the new baby, they also seemed to take to it immediately and treat it well. Calling it Kia, because that's the make of my car that I found it under.

catlady960

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's some other pics of the baby for your enjoyment 🙂

20200608_142935.jpg 20200608_174245.jpg 20200608_181844.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute. 8-9 weeks old maybe? He could have undescended testicles I suppose. I guessed boy because of the distance between anus and urethra and also because it looks more like a dot than a slit. I am sure others will come along soon to offer their opinions.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Girl. I have a confusing tabby like that, lol. But you can see the slit right under the anus, definitely female.

catlady960

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Maybe it was the color of the fur in the area that kept me seeing it as more round than a slit, but I think I can see that now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, female. Great that you are keeping her. Most adult cats have an easier time accepting a new kitten than a new adult cat. Enjoy! :)

catlady960

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, female. Great that you are keeping her. Most adult cats have an easier time accepting a new kitten than a new adult cat. Enjoy! :)
Thanks, and, yes, that's true...especially if you have female cats and introduce a new adult female, in my experience. The two adult males I have are the first males I've "parented" and they are so much more accepting and less jealous or territorial than the females I've had. The only hint of jealousy I've seen from them since taking in the kitten was when she was sitting on my lap and they acted like they wanted to sit with me but weren't sure they still could. I convinced one to get on my lap with the kitten, but he didn't stay long. But, both boys have been really good and gentle overall with the baby.