I have no idea what breed my cat is

Blurtp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I’m not really sure if people are still active on here but I just joins so idk. My cats name is opal and we got her from the human society as a kitten. I would wanna say she’s probably about 2-3 years old. I suspected she might be a Norwegian forest cat but after further research probably not she’s a bit smaller than a normal cat so I have no clue. So I was wondering if you guys have any theorys about it. So here’s some pictures
IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_2987.jpeg
IMG_2618.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg

Attachments

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum!
She is gorgeous!

The vast majority of cats in America (and around the world) are multi-generational crosses called "Moggies". In other words, they aren't a specific breed. That being said, that doesn't stop them from being beautiful.
Your kitty looks to be a dilute/grey tabby, meaning she has a gene that turns black pigment into a grey/blue color. It is actually a fairly common gene in the feral/stray population but always beautiful to see.

FVEAP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her face looked like a Norwegian Forest cat but she was smaller than the other cats so I thought she was Moggy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Norwegians faces are fairly triangularish. So no norwegian.

If you wish to press her into some recognized breed so sooner the Sibirian. Modern sibirians are often smallish and sweet looking...

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Norwegians faces are fairly triangularish. So no norwegian.

If you wish to press her into some recognized breed so sooner the Sibirian. Modern sibirians are often smallish and sweet looking...

my sib is tiny for a forest cat. he's been just under 10 pounds his whole life. he's never had any heft to him tho. super fussy eater. another sib trait from what I've seen on the sib forums. lol

to op in particular:
forest cats are natural breeds so it's pretty common to find traits in common in the wild population of cats. sometimes just about full 100% authenticity depending on where you are. just totally natural not bred.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd say she's a good looking Domestic Shorthair. A cat can't officially be considered a pedigree unless they have papers.

short hair? are you on the right post? lol, don't think they were asking if the kitteh was pedigree. natural breed cats do appear in the general populations. especially if they are close to where the natural breed comes from. most people that come here want to know what their kitty most resembles or if it looks to strongly be similar to a known breed. they aren't trying to get their cat into shows. it's just for fun and personal interest.