I have never heard of this breed of Egyptian Mau

lissett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today is the first time I hear of this breed. Someone said today my “Baby” may be one or mixed. Her eye color is not notable due to her eyes were injured with an infection. She lost one eye rescued from the streets. Is it possible she is EM or Silver Tabby? Either way she is loving and sweet.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lissett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! She looks like she is going to be tiny. She is 5.5-6 months old and has not grown much since I adopted her 2 months ago. Looking to see why that is being my other Tabby Nina is so big.

Attachments

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not seeing Mau in her, and tabby is a color, not a breed. Without papers, she's only a domestic short hair, although the last picture almost looks medium hair.
However, this does not make her less lovable or a great cat. People put too much stock in purebreds. In dogs I can see it because you need/want certain traits, but not so much for cats.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Coco,her mom,peaches,and maggie. All rescues indoors now. Mom taken to a rescue.. i describe Coco as marble ice cream with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and chocolate sliver down her back. Her eyes change color brown to green. Her dad and mate was a tabby. Not nearly as playful as my tabby! Too afraid of maggie.

20230307_205325.jpg received_1895419000687955.jpeg 20190301_000613-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:

savannahjansson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your cat's eye infection, but it's wonderful that she's loving and sweet! The Egyptian Mau and Silver Tabby are both beautiful breeds, but it can be challenging to determine a cat's breed solely based on eye color, especially if there's an injury involved. Regardless of her breed, she sounds like a special companion. 😺

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the first time I hear of this breed. Someone said today my “Baby” may be one or mixed. Her eye color is not notable due to her eyes were injured with an infection. She lost one eye rescued from the streets. Is it possible she is EM or Silver Tabby? Either way she is loving and sweet.
So the infection is gone I assume? Not many people will take in an injured cat. Thankyou for saving her! Love the silver color. One color I'm missing in my cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lissett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Coco,her mom,peaches,and maggie. All rescues indoors now. Mom taken to a rescue.. i describe Coco as marble ice cream with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and chocolate sliver down her back. Her eyes change color brown to green. Her dad and mate was a tabby. Not nearly as playful as my tabby! Too afraid of maggie.

View attachment 460882 View attachment 460880View attachment 460881
Beautiful
So the infection is gone I assume? Not many people will take in an injured cat. Thankyou for saving her! Love the silver color. One color I'm missing in my cats
Your babies are gorgeous! Look at those big green eyes! 💕
Thanks for asking. But No infection is back. The infection had cleared up when I took immediately after the adoption 2 month ago. However, the past 3-4 days I noticed her eye was watering a bit more than usual. Her third eyelid was also showing more. Needless to say, I took her to an feline optometrist yesterday. Infection is back. They sent her home with Antiviral, Antibiotic, and Antiinflamatory treatments. 🙏 This all works. Follow up in 3 weeks.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful

Your babies are gorgeous! Look at those big green eyes! 💕
Thanks for asking. But No infection is back. The infection had cleared up when I took immediately after the adoption 2 month ago. However, the past 3-4 days I noticed her eye was watering a bit more than usual. Her third eyelid was also showing more. Needless to say, I took her to an feline optometrist yesterday. Infection is back. They sent her home with Antiviral, Antibiotic, and Antiinflamatory treatments. 🙏 This all works. Follow up in 3 weeks.
Thanks! I could not give away Maggie after looking at her gig green eyes, ears, and loooooong whiskers she was 3 months old

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your cat's eye infection, but it's wonderful that she's loving and sweet! The Egyptian Mau and Silver Tabby are both beautiful breeds, but it can be challenging to determine a cat's breed solely based on eye color, especially if there's an injury involved. Regardless of her breed, she sounds like a special companion. 😺
Silver tabby is not a breed, it's a coat color and pattern. Lots of cat types can have this.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bad. I thought the last picture was of the cat in question. Didn't realize it was a different cat.
This is what happens when you haven't had enough coffee.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for saving her ❤If you are not in the area em came from it would be very, very unlikely, She does not look em to me, no spots, well some but not many etc. The last pic, is that her? That cat looks like a lh torbie/ tabby to me. 😀

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful. It is so difficult to determine breeds sometimes. I looked online at a local shelter, and they have what they call a Bombay. He does favor, but I am not sure. They say he is not friendly (a trait Bombays are known for), but he looks very much like one.

Bless you for saving her!