I have learned something about Misa's past

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So recently, I was looking through old papers of when Misa was adopted. and while I was reading it, it talks about how she was brought in the shelter.. It said:

"November 2010, Katie( as her former name at the shelter) was brought in with severe injuries, a UTI and front declawed. She was also overweight at an amazing 14 pounds. ON December 30 2010, Katie was adopted out. A week later on January 7th 2011 was returned back at the shelter because ofa possible UTI. Blood was also found on urine
From January-February 2011 Katie went from 14- 12.9 pounds. and recovered from thoughs injuries and the UTI"

It's weird that Misa had to go through a lot before she came here. It makes me mad that people will give up their pets because people can't pay for vet bills or it was too sick. At least that they didn't throw out of the street. Well glad that she's with me now..

milu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! It is very sad that somebody would adopt her only to give her up again at the first small hurdle
. But their loss is your gain, and that is wonderful. I bet Misa is much better off with you

This post reminds me of my dog's history. Our local no-kill shelter rescued him from another shelter where he would have been put down the very next day. At first they weren't going to take him but changed their minds at the very last second. And yet, even at this shelter he sat for 3 weeks before we came along and fell in love with him. I just don't understand this, he is absolutely gorgeous and the sweetest dog ever. He was just a bit shy with strangers, which we prefer in dogs. We've never had the slightest problem with him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw! He's adorable. Well at least he's with you guys.
Same thing with Misa.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is really sad what some of our babies go through before they get to us. It may have taken a couple of tries, but she found her forever home with you.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish our pets could talk and tell us their story of what they've been through. Most of our cats and dogs came to us as babies, except Brooke, our Samoyed (mix). I just happened to see her one day at the vets when I went to pick up one of our cat's meds. She came over to the receptionist and gently laid her head on the girl's lap for pettings. I've always loved sled type dogs, and fell in love. When I asked who she was, they said they were trying to find a home for her. I was on the phone with DH immediately. He called and he brought her home the next day.

The only background we had was she was found running lose by a family after really bad storms went through the week before. They couldn't keep her so they took her to the shelter. She was so well trained and well behaved the shelter called the vet to see if they could find a home so she didn't have to be put to sleep after the time allowed. They estimated her to be about 3 yrs old, she was already spayed and before they washed and trimmed her, she had the indentation in her fur of a collar. But no one looked for her.

She has bonded to DH more than me (I think because he's the one that brought her home), but she is a wonderful dog! She fit right in and the dogs and cats that were already here and she's still terrified of thunderstorms. I would just love to hear her story. Anyone here a pet psychic? lol

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great story Konstar and beautiful pic MiLu

My kitty also went through a lot, he was given up when his owners divorced and then left at the shelter for three months. They didn't pay him any attention and so he gained at least 5lbs, got ear infections in both ears and because he was so huge he couldn't even clean his own bottom. Poor boy. :[

Oh well, he's spoiled now. ^^