I Have Been Lurking And Following Your Advice

mprpladi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have 7 cats now. I have one male being neutered today. Blue is a daddy now. The Mom, Sparkle I rescued from a hotel parking over Thanksgiving. She has 3.5 week old kittens now. Sparkle will be getting spayed as well, after she weans the kittens. They are all inside cats.
I have a neutered quasi feral cat who resides outside only. I tried having him inside but he was mean to the other 2 kittites. Happy to join all of you! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mprpladi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is the same picture (2x oopsie) of Sparkle before she gave birth. She purred the entire time while delivering her kitties. She had 4 and all survived. The runt has the umbilical hernia I think...

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful family! We are so glad that you found us!

Cats will have their kittens in the darnedest places, won't they? Just keep an eye on that kitten with the possible hernia. They quite often heal on their own, but the occasional one will require a vet's intervention. OH...and about her purring while she delivered? There is an old folk-belief that you should always bring a pregnant cat into the room with a woman in labor, because the cat's ability to purr while delivering will ease the woman's labor pains. Just a fascinating bit of cat folk lore.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
54E76E51-2613-4D77-9BB2-80F62A87B63C.gif
mprpladi, Blue, Sparkle and babies, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8167941E-3CFB-4DC2-B940-686E904E41C8.gif
to all of you.

Glad that you’ve joined this site where you’ll find friendly and helpful cats and you are in the right place for all things cat and many of our members are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink: