I have a midterm and these people...

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am working on my midterm. I came to the Shapiro Undergraduate Library because my roommate's loud and obnoxious girlfriend is staying at my house.

This place really needs to be renamed the Shapiro Undergraduate Cafe.

/end rant

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, are people being loud there too? I'm very lucky that I live alone other than my 3 young cats.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This ought to make you laugh: so I was reading on of my textbooks and came across a word in blue font that I wanted defined...I touched the page. Nothing happened. Now I can't stop laughing at myself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This ought to make you laugh: so I was reading on of my textbooks and came across a word in blue font that I wanted defined...I touched the page. Nothing happened. Now I can't stop laughing at myself!
lol!

We have a smartphone addict! :p

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am working on my midterm. I came to the Shapiro Undergraduate Library because my roommate's loud and obnoxious girlfriend is staying at my house.

This place really needs to be renamed the Shapiro Undergraduate Cafe.

/end rant
I feel for you!  I can't relate to the noisy roommate when studying, but when I was in nursing school, I lived next door to a crazy old man!  He was constantly hammering on the wall that we shared. It sounded like he was going at it with a sledge hammer. 

I would be sitting in my living room in complete quiet; no radio or TV on, just sitting there studying, and suddenly there would be this loud hammering against my wall, so hard that it made my floor shake.

I complained to the caretaker a number of times. Seems he had issues with a tenant either above him or above on the other side of him.  Nothing anyone said to him would convince him that I wasn't the one making the noise.

After living next too him, I can certainly see why some neighbours reach their breaking point and kill each other!!!  I wanted to ring that old man's neck!!!

Have you considered looking for another roommate; or talking to your current roommate about the disturbance?  Perhaps you need to set down some house rules?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you considered looking for another roommate; or talking to your current roommate about the disturbance?  Perhaps you need to set down some house rules?
Well, he's a good friend of mine, and I've lived with far, far horribler (this is now a word) roommates. I'm talking the kinds who come home at 2am, drunk and pukes all over the bathroom floor; the kinds who say "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, leave some to be found" with regards to the toilet bowl. So this roommate is a huge improvement. Good guy, respectful, clean (sometimes I feel like a slob next to him) and considerate.

His girlfriend comes by once or twice a week, so it's really not all that bad. I just can't stand to be in the same room with her. :p But I don't mind leaving the house to give them their privacy, since my roommate is generally considerate, so it's only fair I let them have the house a couple of times a week.