I have a 15 day old kitten and it’s eye is closed shut

Snickerdoodle123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have a 15 day kitten and it’s eye is closed shut I washed it today with a Cotten ball and warm water and little green puss came out and when I went to look back later on today it kinda looked worse and the other kittens eyes are open but there very small like I’m not sure what is going on if someone can give me advice on what to do

Attachments

aorticorbit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
this looks like an eye infection to me. you'd have to go to the vet and get a topical antibiotic ointment to clear it up. left untreated, the infection might get worse and result in kitty needing her eye taken out (enucleated).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Continue to wipe all the kittens’ eyes as often as needed with a warm, damp cloth to keep the pus and crust away. You can order Terramycin eye ointment online from Chewy or Tractor Supply. It’s an antibiotic ointment for the eyes that will clear infection quickly. It does not require a prescription except in California.

As stated, it’s important to take care of kittens’ eyes so they do not lose their sight. If nothing works, then get the kittens to the vet for help ASAP.

Another home remedy that forumists have had success with is brewing black tea, cooling it, then dip the cloth in it and use that to wipe the eyes. It seems to have healing properties.

S Snickerdoodle123

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello I have a 15 day kitten and it’s eye is closed shut I washed it today with a Cotten ball and warm water and little green puss came out and when I went to look back later on today it kinda looked worse and the other kittens eyes are open but there very small like I’m not sure what is going on if someone can give me advice on what to do
Its an infection, and it looks quite bad. If there is visible green pus its not good either. So its an ASAP situation.

Terramycin should do it. But I think, its ASAP... If you can get it today, run and get it. Do not buy it online and wait a whole week.
So the quickest way to get treatment is perhaps, to go to a vet today; IF the vet has open hours and can admit immediately... I suppose the vet has some to start with...

Ps. Wiping off the eye, be careful you dont infect the other eye...
Ps. In the recipe of black tea, you can add a tiny trifle kitchen salt... Its somewhat antibacterial... Body fluids are somewhat salty too. But dont overdo; its unpleasant with too strong salt solution.