I got a cattoo

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Very cool. How big is it? Mine is 6" tall x 4" wide.

I am now able to also recommend memorial/tribute tattoos. The way I would describe it in as few as words as possible is: quietly satisfying. The funny thing for me is that until 6 months ago, I didn't know that cattoo was a thing.
mine is 6.5 X 7.5, not that much bigger from yours. I'm got em from head to toe, I'm not covered in any area, just here & there. I totally recommend them to anyone that's open to getting a tattoo. If not, the other thing people can do is get them preserved.

Which I did also. I couldn't bear to bury her in the ground & let the bugs eat her. Something else I'll have my whole life. At least I can still touch her & feel her soft fur.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a good size and probably a lengthy sit in the chair. Got mine done in around 4 hours. I chose a portrait over a full body pose to allow for more detail and to get Boney's face real close to actual size.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that's rad that her face is super big on you. the guy totally nailed it on the coloring. I thought about just doing a head, so many people have them, since she's black I thought it would look funny this big black floating cat head so that's why I got her whole body done.

and I'm a bad sitter, I had to do like 4 sessions, they were about 2.5 hours each. that's my pain threshold. the guy doesn't tattoo like a normal person, he uses a super fine needle & kept going over & over. portraits are done totally different than a regular tattoo

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the supportive comments and purraise. Your understanding gives me comfort as I experience my second Christmas without Boney Girl and my first without Xena.

I wish a very merry Christmas to all TCS members and your kitties.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day as I reveal this tattoo to my parents. Expecting my 76 year old mother's expression to switch from surprise/shock to one of that's nice dear. My 79 year old father will probably rant a little.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish you the same. Boney Girl and Xena are watching over you from the bridge with lots and lots of love. 

Do not concern yourself with what anyone else thinks of your tribute to that beautiful little girl. The two of you have a very special bond and share a wonderful friendship that many people will never experience. The bond and friendship cannot be broken by anything- including death. Boney Girl knows why you got the cattoo and I have no doubt that she is deeply touched by the tribute and appreciates it very much 

It is VERY detailed. He's just watching the world go by without a care or concern. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is beautiful. I've been wanting to get one of my Lucky, who passed November 12, 2015. Haven't really had the time or funding for it, as I've been trying to get squared away on bills before I did that. As well as new porches that we sorely need. But, that is on my 2017 wish list. He was my feline soul mate.

I'm hoping I can find someone to do as good a representation with my guy as your artist did with yours.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some shocked expressions when I came home from California with a tongue ring, a belly ring, 2 tattoos, and pink streaks in my hair.  Everyone got over it pretty quickly.  Merry Christmas!

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had a little fun showing family my Boney Girl cattoo. Both sisters and brother thought it was cool. It took mom a few seconds to process that she was looking at a tattoo, and then she had several mom questions. Dad was funny. He said that he got a tattoo for his girlfriend back when he was in the navy. He then pointed to a freckle on his arm and said, "Here it is. Her name was Dot."  My mother in law found out by scrolling thru pictures on my wife's phone and was only concerned with cost.