I found a three week old malinourished kitten

Helpim16butimtrying

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm 16 and I have experience with kittens and cats, I've raised 6 kittens and 4 cats. All of them went to good homes btw. I found this kitten and he's super skinny and doesn't like being fed. His poop is semi-solid and it's brown, that's a good color but today he had a little blood. My parents don't want to pay for a vet and it would break my heart to see him die. Any tips for fattening him or anything? His name is Bones:)

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten Lady on Youtube has great resources on taking care of kittens like that. So, please look her up. But considering you said that the kitten seems to be pooping blood, you will need to take him to the vet asap.

luda macka

meow ♡
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can't take him to the vet, and you cannot give him the necessary medical care he needs, I think your best bet is to take him into a cat shelter/humane society/etc. and hand him over there so they can help him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you syringe feeding with powdered kitten formula? Try mixing it with unflavored pedialyte instead of water. Feed small amounts every 1-2 hours. It will help hydrate him.

The kitten may have parasites and need meds. I agree that turning him over to a no-kill shelter might be best.