I finally ordered something on-line

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok - I guess I'm behind the times, but I was always afraid to order on-line - until now!

I found a tee-shirt I had been looking for . It says "On the 8th day God created cats". I had one many years ago that I loved and have never been able to find it, but just went thru Google and found it on CafePress.

And I also ordred a perfume I'd used for many many years but can never find it in the stores. The only time I was able to get it was to search thru the fragrance stores on the islands on our cruise - and even them hardly anyone carries it. It's an old old perfume made by Elizabeth Arden, called Blue Grass. It's the very first fragrance I used when I was around 16 years old (many years ago!) -- I was so excited when I found this and just couldn't wait to order it. Got a notification it was shipped today. This was thru fragranceNet. Great prices and a 20% discount.

So now (finally) I have joined the ranks of on-line shopping. Better late than never!

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Congratulations! You'll soon be hooked--as I am. Online shopping is usually very safe. I buy as much as I can online, as I don't really care for shopping in stores, especially at this time of the year.

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I order my perfume from there.  They have some hard to find fragrances. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats, Lana! A couple of weeks ago, Rick spent the morning at Amazon buying for the grandkids. Makes it so much easier sometimes.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch out, you've opened up a whole new world. 

I highly recommend getting a PayPal account and using it whenever possible. If you don't receive an item and/or have an non-communicative seller, you can easily open up a dispute through PayPal. I've done this half a dozen times and it's always been resolved immediately - the seller starts communicating when you involve PayPal, they've got your back.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Now that you've tried it, you'll probably do more and more online shopping. It's so convenient and sometimes the only way to get certain items. I agree about PayPal for lesser known online suppliers, or prepaid credit cards. There are plenty of reputable suppliers, though, like Amazon, where you don't have to worry. Just be careful of any phishing emails asking you to follow a link to confirm passwords, account numbers, etc..