I Don't Know What's Wrong With My Cat

Paola Ortiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued a cat 6 months ago, he is around 2 years old. He's already spayed and he felt comfortable the first 4 months in my room during the night. About 2 months ago he started to look up (to the roof), tries to climb up (he already broke some stuff) and he starts screaming in the nights. He looks anxious, so I decided to let him go outside for a while in the night just to see his reaction an he still doing the same thing. Sometimes he climbs to the balcony and he scratch my mom's room door at 3am. I don't know what he wants and what to do.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
It sounds to me as though there's a cat that's on the roof at night, but more likely a raccoon, possibly?
Could you send someone up there who could do a humane trap/release?

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have an attic? Could an animal or bird have gotten in? The cat may hear something you cannot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paola Ortiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have an attic? Could an animal or bird have gotten in? The cat may hear something you cannot
I don't have a attic. When he's alone in my room he stays quien, but when get in and sit down in my bed he start acting like that in the night. I don't have a free room for him and I can't let him be free in the house during the night because of my mother's dog. I'm not worried about what the dog can do to my cat, I am worried about what my cat can do to my mother's dog.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - I think there's something on the roof at night that is upsetting your cat.

Can you obtain a calming product? You can make tea from chamomile tea bags (be sure and use the bag version), or you can purchase calming treats, or a collar, or a diffuser...