I dont know what's wrong but it seems an emergency!

Tridibesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have posted a link. She is refusing to eat most of the time. She do not have watery eyes, she is coughing with her tongue out sometimes, she is getting weak. My cat is only 1 year old, and she is very playful. She is meowing in a low voice. Whenever I'm trying to feed her she is sniffing the food and then bolting away, but today morning she drink some milk (she refused at first). She is a stary, she lives here in our locality, i have news some neighbors gave her medicine (i dont know what) as they spotted flu like symptoms in her, which i fear is much more than that. When she came to me today morning i spotted a little blood drop right bellow her anus. She's been like this for at least 5 days. Do you think she can heal herself? Or this is something serious?6.89 MB file on MEGA

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She MUST be made to eat. Cats get bad livers quickly if they are without food, so tempt her with tuna, shaved turkey, ANYTHING to get her eating. If you could find out what the neighbors gave her that would help, the symptoms could indicate poisoning. Did they maybe give her too much, or something for dogs? Cows milk can be bad for cats, most are lactose intolerant after kittenhood, heavy cream (which has little lactose) or goat's milk would be much better. Cat treats would be good, if you have access to them, those lickable treats are good. Her tongue hanging out is not good, she really should see a vet. but if you see any improvement at all, such as eating a little and drinking, that is good and she may be improving. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tridibesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She MUST be made to eat. Cats get bad livers quickly if they are without food, so tempt her with tuna, shaved turkey, ANYTHING to get her eating. If you could find out what the neighbors gave her that would help, the symptoms could indicate poisoning. Did they maybe give her too much, or something for dogs? Cows milk can be bad for cats, most are lactose intolerant after kittenhood, heavy cream (which has little lactose) or goat's milk would be much better. Cat treats would be good, if you have access to them, those lickable treats are good. Her tongue hanging out is not good, she really should see a vet. but if you see any improvement at all, such as eating a little and drinking, that is good and she may be improving. Keep us posted!
Thank you for your reply. Please tell me, did you see any life threatening symptom in the video that i provided?
She drank some milk today morning as i said before (i didn't know about the lactose intolerant thing, i wil never fed her milk again). And she kind of started grooming herself a bit after she drank the milk, but not for long. Then she went to sleep, i didn't spot any unusual breathing sound when she was sleeping, except coughing. After she got off she coughed some more, but nothing came out of her mouth. And its difficult to take her to the vet, as i said she's a stray i dont know where she roam around all the day.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks a little weak. Can you try some tuna or goats milk or cat treats to get something in her stomach? Kitten food would be good too. If you can't take her to a vet, keep her warm, and just keep trying to get her to eat. It does look like she may have got into something poisonous or bad for her. It's good She is not hiding. I'll pray for her.....

Tridibesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I
She looks a little weak. Can you try some tuna or goats milk or cat treats to get something in her stomach? Kitten food would be good too. If you can't take her to a vet, keep her warm, and just keep trying to get her to eat. It does look like she may have got into something poisonous or bad for her. It's good She is not hiding. I'll pray for her.....
Will feed her with some cat wet food. You have no idea how playful this little thing is❤. If i see symptom worsened tomorrow I'm definitely gonna drag her to the vet. Will keep you posted

Tridibesh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She needs to go to the vet. She looks very uncomfortable and sounds like she might have cat flu or severe upper respiratory infection. She will not get better without treatment.
I didn't wait a second today, i went to vet without her (she's a stray i couldn't find her today, I don't know when she is gonna visit me again). I showed them some videos, and let them know about her symptoms. They provide augmentin syrup 15-20 drops after food 2 times a day, A-Z vitamins syrup 2-3 drop a day. They also said if she survived more than 7 days and symptoms didn't worsened too much, that means its not that life threatening. I will bring her to the vet again next time her majesty showing up.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can explain to the vet that she’s a stray and won’t show up on schedule. Most vets can squeeze in a drop-off between their other appointments. The earlier in the day that you can catch her and drop her off, the more likely she will be seen that day. Can you talk to your neighbors and find out what they gave her? Pick up tuna or Friskies or Sheba or some other grocery store brand. Popular brands are popular with cats. They wouldn’t be on grocery store shelves otherwise. You might also try skinless fried chicken or the inside meat of rotisserie chicken to tempt her into eating. Making sure she’s eating again is the most important thing right now.