I Don't Know What To Do Need Advice Help Plz

Alley mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat alley had her 1st litter last night around 2:30 , she had six in total there all alright no signs of anything wrong but then again idk. I bought her some can food and kmr and a xtra large cat litter box for them to be in . She's really not eating and when she does the kittens start crying and she runs to there aid. I wrap an heating pad in a blanket and set it on warm temp because I have the a.c. on .Is that ok ?? I'm new to this and I love my ally need help anyone..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All sounds normal for now. You can feed mom in her nest for now.

Do you have a small scale so you can weigh the kittens daily? You're going to have a runt or two.

Can you keep mom inside and 100% inside until the kittens have weaned?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alley mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All sounds normal for now. You can feed mom in her nest for now.

Do you have a small scale so you can weigh the kittens daily? You're going to have a runt or two.

Can you keep mom inside and 100% inside until the kittens have weaned?
So out her food in there nesting area? And she an inside cat since I've had here she's been outside like 5 times . How much should they weigh and ik for sure I have one runt.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, feed mom in the nest for now.

She cannot go outside at all now. She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, without even being in heat. Please be careful about this.

How much do your kittens weigh?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much do they weigh? You perhaps has their weigh at birth? If not, start measuring NOW. Once a day, in similiar circumstances, or if there is a crisis every 12 hours.

A minimum gain every day is 6 grammes ( slightly more than 1/6 OZ), but most healthy kittens add 10+ grammes every day (its 1/3+ of OZ). Seeing the growing weight, is the easiest way to notice if they are OK or if sometimes is amiss.

If you have a choice of scales, take one electronical measuring in grammes, its easiest to see.

And while you weigh them, you see and touch them, a quick look see, and this helps too to decide their health condition.

maggielee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's good that the kittens will stay warm on your heating pad. Is the box they are in large enough so they can get off the heating pad if they get too warm? Good luck with your precious kittens and cat. It's so important to keep your cat in so she doesn't get pregnant again real soon which would be hard on her.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also the canned food or whatever you are feeding mom is kitten food right? I will stress again the importance of NOT letting her outside again until she is spayed. She can and will get pregnant again. No need for that to happen again.