I carry the Olympic Torch tomorrow!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
go girl!

I think it's awesome that you're able to participate this way.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on being selected!

I
men's ice hockey and snowboarding.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!

What a honor to be chosen.

Coming from a winter climate I enjoy watching all the winter events.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Im just about to leave to the location Im running from, and Im more excited than ever. I swear, even as a young child, nothing was this exciting - not even Santa lol!

Ill update when I am done!

As for the selection, I run a local chapter and am on the National Executive of a group called the Canadian Obesity Network - (Student and New Professional section). We bring together current and future obesity professionals in Canada to broaden the dialogue and better address this major health issue. I wrote an essay for a team run on behalf of the CONSNPs, how we have members across the country, how we promote and assist the health of canadians, and basically how we hold and share many olympic values. We do a lot of community events (Snow-ga has been popular this winter, where we put on free outdoor yoga classes for the public!), and are involved in a lot of health initiatives etc. Coca-cola and VANOC then (WOOHOO) approved my application, and 20 people from my group were approved to carry (and none of you will believe how hard it was to get the 20 - all sorts of "I might have plans" etc....HELLO - its the Olympic Torch!!)

Its such a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I have a lot to reflect on.

And I dont think I mentioned, I love both Figure Skating (especially womens) and Mens Ice Hockey the best! Also very fond of the "insane" sports - Luge as an example.
"HELLO - its the Olympic Torch!!"

That is really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how WAS it?
Yes, yes, PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!