I cannot pick up my feral cat-too skittish-she is not peeing first time ever

turnerca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a vet I can talk with? She has never had this problem and been with me over 18 months inside plus in garage for 2 years before she finally came in.
I am scared for her. Today was the first day nothing in litter box but poops.
I have given her water and wet food this am but she still has not touched.
Thank you for any advice. P.

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi turnerca, welcome to the forum.

If your cat was drinking yesterday, it's possible she has a urinary blockage. That's an emergency and she needs a vet asap. If she didn't eat or drink anything yesterday and refuses to now, she may be feeling bad for a different reason. She probably should be seen by a vet, but it may not be as urgent.

If you won't be able to get her into a carrier, you could check and see if there's a mobile vet service in your area. I'm assuming you don't have a regular vet that she's been to in the past. If you already have a local vet, you should call and see what they suggest.

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say.... I don't think there is a vet you can consult on this forum, but there are veterinary consultant services online. Chances are they would tell you to take her to a local vet.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I did'nt see you post till now...Water consumption is very important to cats, it keeps them flowing inside....If I'm not to late, you cat sounds like it's fighting a urinary tract infection.....If it's not to late AND she is still eating, get a hold of "Amoxicillin" and get in wet food everyday until infection clears....Amoxicillin is the strongest ammo that I try to always keep on my shelf....

Many years ago, "Oatie" was near death with U.T.I. and he is alive today thanks to Amoxicillin.....
"Vet's Best" urinary tract support is a soft pill that can be crushed up into wet that will make you cat thirsty and drink more water....It's more along preventive but at this point anything would help...........

Keep us informed of her condition.............