I bought Hot Rollers!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago when I had longer hair I used a curling iron before investing in hot rollers thinking that it would be easier and faster.   I tried them once or twice but there wasn't many rollers in the case and it was a PITA to roll 1/2 my hair and wait and then do the other 1/2.  So I went back to using the curling iron and eventually gave away the rollers during one of my spring cleaning frenzies.

Fast forward several hair styles and lengths. I eventually bought another set of hot rollers, and added a second set that had some larger rollers for a more soft curl.  Again, I don't think I even used any of them. Not long after I bought them, maybe a few months, I got my hair permed and didn't need to use the rollers, and it was permed for years and then cut super short for more years.

Early last year I gave away the 2 sets of hot rollers during one of my spring cleaning frenzies.

Now  my hair is past my shoulders and I want to curl it again, only using a curling iron is hard. I find my arms go numb when I hold them up for too long and it's hard to do the back of my hair.  So i went to  The Bay tonight to buy 2 sets of hot rollers!

I'm hanging on to these sets even if I get my hair permed or cut short!  LOL

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I LOVE LOVE LOVE hot rollers!! My hair is past my shoulders, and when I used to use a curling iron it work take like 1.5 hours to do. Now with the hot rollers it's so quick, and I can still putter around the house while it is setting. Sometimes I used two sets, sometimes I use a mix of rollers and a curling iron for some pieces.  One of my favorite purchases! 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't tried my hot rollers yet but did get a curling wand also only had it since Christmas and I don't know where I've been without it especially with my hair being nearly down to my waste lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I went through the hot roller stage, too, but gave them up for a curling iron. Used the curling iron for many years, but now have given that up for just a blow dryer. I just don't have time in the morning to do anything more than wash, blow dry and get to work. And I know how silly that sounds. But I just don't.

Still have my hot rollers, though, and have thought about getting them out of the closet and trying them out again. I have two very old Clairol sets....I always needed two sets because my hair was longer. Now it's just at my shoulders, so I might be able to get away with only plugging one set in. I don't know if they even work anymore. And now I'm curious!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they look really good! I may have to get some too! What do you do after you take the rollers out, just run your fingers through your hair? I presume you can't brush it?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they look really good! I may have to get some too! What do you do after you take the rollers out, just run your fingers through your hair? I presume you can't brush it?
I used them yesterday when I went out in the evening.  I didn't feel like putting mouse or gel in my hair, or hairspray, so I just washed and blow dryed my hair and then used the hot rollers. The curl was light and soft.

Whether you brush or not is entirely dependent on what you want your style to look like. You can brush it for a softer curl, or you can tossle it with your fingers, or use a hair pick. 

I brushed mine with a large paddle brush because I didn't want a really curly look. I mainly wanted the bottom 1/2 of each hair to be curly with the root to the middle of the strand to be straight or slightly wavy. I wore a headband and it looked quite nice.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds lovely! Have you got a pic? I used my curling iron today, after reading your thread I really wanted curly hair today! I didn't brush my hair after, just tousled with my fingers. I'm looking at some hot rollers on eBay, are yours ceramic?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds lovely! Have you got a pic? I used my curling iron today, after reading your thread I really wanted curly hair today! I didn't brush my hair after, just tousled with my fingers. I'm looking at some hot rollers on eBay, are yours ceramic?

Yes, they are ceramic. I don't have any pictures of me though. I hate getting my picture taken.