i am new

MeepMaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi you can call me meep for short and i have a very adorable cat. he is black and white and his name is cowboy because he has a cowboy hat look. he is pretty fat, though, i try for him not to be. anyway, i hope to have fun on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, welcome! We're glad you and Cowboy are here!

You don't need to worry about overfeeding him, since he's a kitten he'll need as much food as he can eat (some wet, some dry) until he's at least a year, in order to support all the incredible growth he's going through. Some cats don't fully mature until later than that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and that adorable little Cowboy!

I will repeat...do not worry about overfeeding him until he hits about a year old. Up until then, kittens will run and play off every calorie that they take in! Feed three feedings a day, up until he's around 7 or so months old, then transition to two larger feedings. Now, some people say that you should feed kitten food for the first six months, others say 12. However, cats are not fully mature until nearly two years old, so I have always fed my kittens kitten food for 18 months, then switched to half-adult, half-kitten until they reach two years old.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3657.GIF
meep and howdy Cowboy and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Blue welcome.png
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup: