I am fuming

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah,
that sucks.

I would find out who the CEO is and write a short, non-emotional letter about how flawed, inefficient and hurtful their process is.

I know someone in a similar situation. She miscarried and they still, months later get registry reminders and diaper & formula offers. I can't image how hurtful that is. Not to mention a really inefficient way to do business sending mailings to people who won't use your products.

I work for a very very large company and when someone gets to the CEO's office, it's taken seriously.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry.

That is really insensitive. Someone should have gone the extra mile to ensure this would not happen.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry that Babies R Us apparently has incompetent people in their mailing list control department. What a terrible thing to happen.
I agree with everyone else - you should write a letter to corporate. People don't write letters often anymore, but if you take the time to write one, you can often get your issue noticed.

RIP Joshua.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sarah, that must have been terrible for you both.
. The thing is, if you go to the local store, they really have no control over the data base of the corporate offices. All this info is stored in main computer and they are probably automatic mailings flagged by the date. They may have passed the info on but there are no guarantees the home offices changed everything. I agree, write to the home offices (or call and ask if there is a phone number).

As for the person you talked to on the phone, I know it was the last straw, but she was probably required to say it, especially if it was an 800 number rather than your local store. I work in a call center, and it is required to say "thank you for calling (company name), and have a nice day". If they chose that call randomly for QA purposes and she didn't say that, she would lose points on that call. I have to deal with people calling in telling me their spouse died yesterday, and at the end of the call I'm still required to say it...and I feel like a heel everytime.