Husband Wanted...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by parsleysage

When I was in my teens I was sure I was going to marry early. It was just something I'd always wanted. I was very tight-laced and "goody goody" in high school so I had no desire to be a young person and do things only young people get to do.

Now that I'm in my twenties, I have no plans to marry anytime soon, and am busy making up for all that lost mischief

HOWEVER... the one time I want a husband is when I have to go grocery shopping and cat shopping in the same night. I live alone in an upstairs apartment... lugging 3-week supply canned cat food, huge bag of litter, a gallon of milk, 2 2-liter Cokes, and 6 other variously-filled grocery bags up two flights of stairs alone is NOT my idea of a good time! lol!!

I'm one of those who HATE making two trips. I had to make an exception in this case, though. It just made me think of how nice it would be to have some help and how much I took that for granted when I lived with my parents.
Yep men do come in handy at times

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

If it helps, a husband would likely transform your load into 12 bottles of pop, 2 gallons of milk, and 12 bags of groceries, so you'd probably end up doing as much work anyway.
That is soo true!! When I got married my mom and his family all told me the same thing..that i Was going to go broke keeping him fed!

Nah he doesn't help with the groceries I think he is a convient "hearer" as well and is always suprised when i show up at the door with bags even AFTER I TELL HIM I was going to the store that day and if he needed anything

Ah well he does take out the garbage, vaccum, and cleans the cars off in the snow. So I guess it balances out.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when I was married, I once asked my ex if he would put my new wiper blades on my car.... he said "Why can't you?" Now, keep in mind, I was standing there doing HIS laundry at the time
so I replied "if you won't do these kind of things for me, what do I need you for?" he put them on, but I later determined that I didn't need him after all

Now i have a lawn guy who does odd repair jobs around the house in exchange for him using my shed to store his stuff- works out great!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If it helps, a husband would likely transform your load into 12 bottles of pop, 2 gallons of milk, and 12 bags of groceries, so you'd probably end up doing as much work anyway.

Having a hubby or s/o doesn't necessarily mean the work load will be lighter - in fact, you'd probably have even more to do - especially if you end up with a couch potato like my roommate is.
Another mouth to feed means more groceries to buy which means you'd have more to haul in, more messes to clean up, etc. I've been on both ends, and I've had more work to do by being with someone than compared to being alone - although I have to admit that they come in handy for some things - like doing handy-work around the house, and some of the heavier things that women can't do.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Too funny!!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ain't that the truth!! lol. Honestly, having a husband does not automatically guarantee having help with the groceries. Usually I go to the market when he's at work so I'm on my own anyway. When he is home, he has a very convenient "hearer", as in he doesn't realize I'm home until I'm in the door with 10 bags and two broken hands. Then he says "why didn't you say something? I didn't know you were home...". Hmmmm, thought the sound of the car, car door slamming, dogs going crazy would have tipped you off....
:
Totally. Mine has even been known to drive to the store with me and wait in the car listening to the radio! Or, when we get home, it will be I have to go to the bathroom! or some such excuse so he doesn't have to lug the groceries in the house. He will put away the cold food though, but he "doesn't know where I keep things" in the pantry. Um... I tend to just shove stuff in there wherever it fits.