Hugging Cat

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have taken in 2 feral cats from the neighborhood the last year the first 6 months i couldnt touch them theyd not get close id have t leave food then leave for them to eat but eventually they trusted me enough to let me touch them now they love to be petted i let the boy in since he is a bit nicer and as im sleeping he gets on my chest and wraps his hands around my neck and putting his face into mine like hugging my neck it was really funny never had a cat do that before i dont think he quite knows how to show affection its funny though

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He may not have been feral, but rather someone’s pet that they tossed out. He sounds so happy to,have a home and a person. Thank you for bringing him in. Hopefully you can get his friend inside as well and if they haven’t been neutered, get them in for that so they are happy to remain household pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they are really mean to my boy though my boy wants to be friends and they play together just fine outside but inside they get mad if he tries to eat ill feed my cat way away from them and they will run all way across room just to take his food and my boys very submissive he just runs off to avoid a fight it makes me mad and will at times attack him as they pass by inside so that causes issues

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is everyone neutered? That would help with any aggression if not.
no i dont have the money atm to neuter him i live n the stix atm 40 minutes from the city and my cars messed up till a mechanic comes out to fix it no cabs come this far and he just came inside now and he has cuts alll over him he got in a bad fight his leg has an open wound and has dried blood on his head without alcohol or peroxide what should i try to do to help him so it wont get as badly infected? he was a ferel cat that i fed and now is super sweet im trying t find him a home for when i move soon im not gonna be able to take 2 cats with me living in hotels :(

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just remebered my boy cat had got bit by a snake so they gave him some anti biotics for it do you think i should try to give them to the cat?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! I don't really know too much cat first aid. Can you call a vet's office and just talk to someone on the phone, see if they can give you any advice? Definitely keep him inside! Gently clean his wounds, and if you have neosporin, I've used that on small mammals before. It reduces risk of infection. But I wouldn't give the antibiotics until that's been cleared by a professional. Taking the wrong dosage or taking them for the wrong length of time can kill off just the weaker bacteria, allowing the stronger, resistant bacteria to flourish and the infection to get worse.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok yeah idk how much longer i can let them come in the girl cat is so aggressive towards my cat that i own and tries to guard the door so he cant come in ect hes very passive and tries not even to walk past her it makes me mad so i only will let her in if my boys outside i feel bad that all they wana do is come inside and get fat butnot at the expense of attacking my cat whos super sweet