How's your handwriting?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to take great pride in my handswriting.
My 7 year old asked my why her teacher writes so much pretter than me. I told her she has to

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an artist and it is essential for me to have legible writing, but I also have always felt I can write a pretty letter
!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I consider my handwriting to be legible. And, I am always being complimented on my neat, pretty, and legible print and cursive. I had a difficult time in school with handwriting as I was a lefty turned right-handed child (by the school system). But, as the years passed, I practiced and took pride in the fact that I had lovely handwriting.

I also do a lot of calligraphy and art and that, too, has helped me to maintain my good handwriting. My print, in my opinion, is nicer than my cursive, but I get compliments on both. However, I do continue to use my handwriting in that I write letters, lists, and the like rather than using a computer and also keep journals. While, over the years, I have noticed that my hands and wrists are less comfortable when writing long diatribes, I continue to use my hands so that I can maintain what I worked so hard to have.

I hope that handwriting does not go out the window the more we use computers, tablets, and the like. It's one of those things I really find important to both adults and children alike. I don't want to lose something that has been a part of cultures all around the world throughout history.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Back in grade school, I was a straight C- student in handwriting. That was pretty much the worst grade they would actually give out to anyone who actually did the exercises. In high school, I took drafting. The first year, we had to do the lettering by hand. We could get a maximum of 15 points deducted for our lettering. I got an 85 average in the class.
The second and third years, we could use a lettering tool and I got a 100 on all of my assignments.

About the only thing that I hand write anymore are entries to my journal at work. Every once in a while, the writing is actually pretty decent (for me anyway.) More often though, I get in a hurry. When that happens, it's so bad that I end up crossing out every 3rd word because it's illegible.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I used to have really nice handwriting, but once I started typing everything instead of writing, it all went downhill. My handwriting is legible, but I certainly wouldn't call it good.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

My handwriting isn't bad when I slow down and pay attention to what I'm writing. In fact, I still get the occasional compliment on it. But under normal circumstances, the most that can be said for it is that it's mostly legible. I suppose it doesn't hurt that for a good number of years one of my hobbies was calligraphy, so that kept a certain discipline in my writing, but it's a good number of years since I did any calligraphy, that it's not what it used to be.
Fran? Are we twins?

I'm the same way. Depends on how fast I am writing and effort and I have also done calligraphy. I have gotten lots of compliments on my handwriting.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can write neatly/legibly if I so desire, but more often than not I'm only writing for my benefit (my own shopping list, reminder note, etc) so I don't worry about it being legible.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I used to do calligraphy, and that's completely out... and even simple handwriting is very difficult for me now. I'm sorry this is happening to so many of us, but I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one -- I was starting to wonder if I was developing some kind of neurological disorder.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My handwriting is okay. It's usually better when I'm not TRYING to make it look nice