How To Lure Feral Cat

Ram Keswani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cat in my garden. I tried cucumber but she just walked away. What should I give her so that she eats it and I can tame it? I HAVE NO MEAT, NO EGGS.
Please help.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don't like cucumbers! My cats don't like eggs or cheese much either. You have to use meat or cat food. Did you order any cat food yet?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to make sure you can get or already have an appropriate diet before you take any cat in.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The others are right - she needs meat or eggs. She can get nutrition from goats milk, too - do not use cow milk because of the high lactose content. To lure a cat, or as a rare treat, you can water down cream as the cream does not have lactose. I hope that you get to bring the cat off the streets and into your life:catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ram Keswani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had ordered cat food, went to the shelter next day but it is closed now. So i canceled the order.
There is just one shelter in my city which is being builed and there are only dogs currently.
I will buy some wet food cans, look for ferals and try to adopt one.

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
regular milk may not be the best for cats, but it is a great way to get them to come. they just love it.
i use it as a training aid.
it has not hurt my feral cat at all.

Ram Keswani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to lure a feral with food but I haven't seen them from some days.
In the night, its dark and its hard to look for them. I saw once at 6 a.m. and one at 3 p.m. some days before.
Do feral cats have a schedule? When do the sleep? When is the best time to search for them?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cats are crepuscular, which means they are most active at dusk and dawn. I've found dusk to be the best time to look for them.

Ram Keswani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been hearing cats shout very loudly. When I go to my balcony to see what happened, I see a cat going away from another one. Why do they shout?
There are mostly tabby(grey) feral cats in India, but there is a new white cat with brown spots. Where did it come from? thank you