How To Help These Stray Kitties

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody, i need ideas on how to save some stray kitties.

So 1 or 2 weeks ago, i saw kids playing with kitties in the building opposite to mine, they told me that a lady brought a box with 4 kitties inside, saying that her cat gave birth and she can't take care of them.

The kitties were like 8 weeks old,i already have cats in my apartment, and my building is full with feral cats that i feed (and most neighbors hate me for that), so i couldn't take the kitties with me.

But this morning, i noticed that they're keeping them inside a wood cabinet covered with a wood board so the kitties can't go out, i talked to 2 of the kids and they told that they don't want the kitties to run away, i asked them to let them out, or to flip the cabinet that way the kitties can come and go as they like, they told me yes but they didn't do anything.

I can't flip the cabinet by myself, people who can actually scare the kids and oblige them to flip the cabinet don't want to get involved, and there's no Shelter or animal protection association in my city that can save the kitties.

I'm thinking about the kitties stuck inside right now and it's making me sick.
Please does anyone have any idea on how i can help the kitties?

Thanks

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was me, I would try and kidnap those kittens and get them adopted into a new home. It is cruel to keep the kittens kept in a cupboard. There was a man here who was keeping kittens in an outdoor closet. It gets very hot here. One of the kittens died, I rescued two of them. I should have done it sooner before the other one died.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it was me, I would try and kidnap those kittens and get them adopted into a new home. It is cruel to keep the kittens kept in a cupboard. There was a man here who was keeping kittens in an outdoor closet. It gets very hot here. One of the kittens died, I rescued two of them. I should have done it sooner before the other one died.
If i had a place to put them, i would do that, but i can't, like even some members of my family who live in houses with backyard
If i had a place to put the kitties, i would have done that, it's the best solution.

I went there and spoke with the kids, they took off one side of the cupboard so the kitties can go in and out, i'll keep an eye on them to make sure they don't lock them again, i think that's all i can do for now :sigh:

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I could find a place for kitties, i would do that, but i asked some members of my family who have backyards and they refused to take them because they don't like cats.

So as i said before, I went there and spoke with the kids, they took off one side of the cupboard so the kitties can go in and out, i'll keep an eye on them to make sure they don't lock them again, i think that's all i can do for now :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your watching out for them. Some people are just clueless how to treat animals.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
@Emmad02 please contact a moderator. We're trying to reach you via private messaging and you're not replying. Check your inbox (top right corner) and please reply asap. Thank you!

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Emmad02 please contact a moderator. We're trying to reach you via private messaging and you're not replying. Check your inbox (top right corner) and please reply asap. Thank you!
Hi, Sorry for the delay, i answered the private message :)

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, that’s some good news!

So do you have any rescue groups in your area? I’m guessing not, from your description of the issue. Sadly, unfixed kittens mean more kittens...but you know that.

Thanks for being a watch person for those babies.

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, that’s some good news!

So do you have any rescue groups in your area? I’m guessing not, from your description of the issue. Sadly, unfixed kittens mean more kittens...but you know that.

Thanks for being a watch person for those babies.
Sadly there are no rescue groups here, and yeah it's a huge problem, in my building there's like 5 females all pregnant/already gave birth, some of them hide in good places but others don't (there's one that gave birth yesterday in the grass and she's kind of exposed to a lot of danger) and kids here are monsters, when they see a cat, they throw rocks on him.

I'm thinking about neutering them but right now it's not possible financially plus i'm not sure if i'll be able to catch them and take them to the vet.