How To Get Your Cat Off Of Tuna-flavored Wet Food?

Linddsaaylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So before I knew that tuna is very bad to feed to cats, I fed my sweet kitty tuna-flavored wet food.. and now I can't seem to get her off of it. She won't touch any other flavored food besides tuna or "oceanfish"!!! Any suggestions on how to wean her off of it and help her eat different flavored wet food?

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So before I knew that tuna is very bad to feed to cats, I fed my sweet kitty tuna-flavored wet food.. and now I can't seem to get her off of it. She won't touch any other flavored food besides tuna or "oceanfish"!!! Any suggestions on how to wean her off of it and help her eat different flavored wet food?
Just curious . Is this brand Fancy Feast ? You could try getting some non fish flavors such as Turkey or Beef and mix together 1/2 fish & 1/2 non fish for a few days . Gradually mix in less of the fish flavor till there is none .
Our cats will only eat Fancy Feast but they do like all the non fish flavors .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linddsaaylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just curious . Is this brand Fancy Feast ? You could try getting some non fish flavors such as Turkey or Beef and mix together 1/2 fish & 1/2 non fish for a few days . Gradually mix in less of the fish flavor till there is none .
Our cats will only eat Fancy Feast but they do like all the non fish flavors .
I've actually only had her on Blue Buffalo... we tried Weruva but she wouldn't touch any flavor. But that sounds like a good idea, I'll try mixing flavors!!

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've actually only had her on Blue Buffalo... we tried Weruva but she wouldn't touch any flavor. But that sounds like a good idea, I'll try mixing flavors!!
Hopefully it will work for ya :clapcat:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my one little guy is a fish food fanatic too. have tried for a long time to get him to eat anything else, every brand every consistancy. what finally worked for me is Chewys American journey minced foods.

I ordered a case of the minced poultry and chicken and a cased of the minced poultry. and a BIG bag of purebites..lol
I started feeding the minced poultry and chicken flavors, with a sprinkle of the purbites. after a week or so of that i switched some meals to the minced poultry flavors without fish, again sprinkling with the purebites. The foods have much the same smell and consistency being minced. I dont think he really noticed the difference. :) Now he will eat either one i put down, with fish or without. now if i put down a can of Monterrey medley and a can of american journey he will always go for the fish first, but he seems quite happy with the non fish flavors of american journey :)

I think having the two foods, so similar is what helped with him. and the purebites on both.