How To Find A Home For Shadow

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally I wanted to adopt Shaman, Treasure and Shadow to stay with me. But circumstances changed that and the constant fighting between Treasure and Shadow escalated as the days passed. The last time I saw Shadow eat was on June 22nd. The last day she was seen in the neighborhood was on June 24th. As I have stated before I run several cams of all areas of my yard and each time she comes to eat Treasure chases her off. Coming from a hoarding situation of 80 cats, kicked to the curb when the human died and TNRd and brought back Shadow seemed to have lost her status of alpha cat. Some additional information I have is that she is a senior cat.

As the situation will never change between her and Treasure if she is still alive and returns, I'm wondering how I can ask someone in my neighborhood to take her. She really does not know how to hunt and as far as I know from responses on the Next Door app, no one is feeding her but then again not everyone has that app. Anyway I won't bog down a lot of information as my other post on here goes through a lot of specifics of her back story and all. If someone has suggestions on what to do or how to find her a home I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finding her and socializing is the best first step. I know keeping her separated is an issue but ask on Next Door if anyone can adopt her. There are cat rescue groups on Facebook that might be able to assist or give you information. You might try putting out flyers in your neighborhood, local vet office or any place you run into friends or coworkers. I found that a lady in my doctors office takes rescues. Ask everyone you see, know, have contact with. That’s how I got started. Even my tax preparer! Lol You’d be surprised at how often I found people this way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks. First I suppose I need to find her as it's been 9 days since I saw her. Which is another reason why I would like for someone to adopt her as Treasure keeps running her off.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The last day she was seen in the neighborhood was on June 24th.
Have you gone door to door to see if anyone might be feeding her? Is this how you determined she was last seen in the neighborhood on 6/24? If not, go door to door and ask. Also, ask them to check their property (sheds, etc.) to see if she is hiding or trapped in one of those places.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you gone door to door to see if anyone might be feeding her? Is this how you determined she was last seen in the neighborhood on 6/24? If not, go door to door and ask. Also, ask them to check their property (sheds, etc.) to see if she is hiding or trapped in one of those places.
I went door to door, asked local businesses, posted on Next Door app, yes. That's how I know. Everyone checked their sheds:( .

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I looked at the overnight cam and Noobs as well as Wichapi were here. Still no sign of Shadow but I think now is the time to remember that Shadow has been on the street for a little over 18 months, and it wasn't til 6 months ago she followed Shaman and Treasure to the food source in my back yard. I just wish if someone in the neighborhood took her they would at least post they found a cat. But some people obviously don't care: which I can see as I'm looking at the busted basement window from last night's fireworks set off by a neighbor

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news all. Shadow made an appearance.