How To Deal With Separating Kitties

weezercat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey Guys!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am an owner of one amazing kitty! His name is Calvin and I love him dearly....

Now, my boyfriend recently went away on business - so I offered to have his kitten stay with my cat for the 2 weeks he was away.

Here’s the thing: they have become best friends. Calvin follows her around, meows when she isn’t near him...

And I feel HORRIBLE because my boyfriend is returning from his trip in a few days and they are going to be separated!

I do not want to adopt another cat to fill the void, as my boyfriend and I hope to move in together in the next 6 months to a year.

We have thought about bringing his kitty (Peach) over for play dates, as well as having her stay for the weekend... anything to make them happy. Peach is a very chill kitty and doesn’t mind being moved anywhere. Calvin is the opposite. Lol.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has any advice? What do i do? How to I make this easy for them and make them less sad? Please help. My heart is breaking!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, that, and playdates...Not to worry. This is bothering you more than it will bother them and it's sweet that you're working to figure out ways to allow them time together, good for you!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What an adorable pair of kitties. Did they only meet 2 weeks ago? Or had they had "play dates" before? So many people post here because their new cat and resident cat don't get along, so it's amazing to see your cat and your boyfriends cat so bonded.