How to change feeding time back, with little to no disruption of their digestion....

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After having had to feed 1 & 1/2 hrs later than usual one morning, will it adversely affect the cat's ability to digest their food if I go back to the regular feeding time the next morning? If it will, what is the best way to get the feeding back to the regular time again? TY! (I read that if they eat over their max within a 24 hr period, they won't be able to digest the extra, and will have runny poop.)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard about runny poop. My cats would throw up if they ate too much. My schedule varies so sometimes I am home at 4 other times at 6. Never been a problem though one of my cats with a sensitive tummy gets more portions- small. Scoop some, prepare my other cats meals, scoop some more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@
maggie101 maggie101
I LEFT OUT A PERTINENT FACT. . . . I should have mentioned that the food I feed is both high protein & high carb, and -compared to grain & legume containing foods- low fiber. So they could easily eat double portions twice a day without overloading their stomachs.

Last edited: