How old is my kitten and an eye infection?

Kdbyoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So I just got this kitten today and was told he is 9 weeks old. I feel like he is pretty small for 9 weeks old but I’m not sure. What is everyone’s opinion? Also, I was told it’s a girl but looked and he’s very clearly a boy😳 the person I got him from has lots of kittens born at different times so I’m wondering if maybe he was mixed up with a different litter.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kdbyoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, I was told he has a slight eye infection so I booked a vet appointment for Saturday. He was in a house with a lot of kittens, maybe two or three litters and a lot of the other kittens had this as well. What does this look like he has?? Should I take him to the vet sooner? He is a happy and vibrant kitty otherwise, eating and using the bathroom well but he is sneezing and rubbing his eyes.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much does your kitten weigh? Is he eating solids — wet kitten food and dry kitten chow? How many times a day?

He looks at least 8 weeks old to me. Very handsome!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am going to agree that this looks like a URI or an eye infection of some kind. The circumstances you describe about his early days would support the idea that something might have been contagious in the house. Do you have other cats? If so, I would keep him separate if possible and wash your hands after handling him. Saturday is only two days away, but I would try to get the kitten in earlier if possible.

URIs — Kitten Lady
This is an excellent site for all information about kittens

Feline Upper Respiratory Infection | VCA Animal Hospital | VCA Animal Hospitals
This gives a little more background

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He should go to the vet as soon as you can take him. ☺

Last edited by a moderator: