How Often Do You Clean Cat Litter?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually only clean the litter box once a day. And I have four cat who all use the same box. It is a large box though. If someone has a very stinky poo, that I smell, I will clean it then too.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually only clean the litter box once a day. And I have four cat who all use the same box. It is a large box though. If someone has a very stinky poo, that I smell, I will clean it then too.
Jeez, how big is that box!?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeez, how big is that box!?
It's a big Sterlite storage box, I don't know the dimensions off hand. I would have more boxes for them if I had the space, but my apartment is so small, there's no other place to keep one.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's a big Sterlite storage box, I don't know the dimensions off hand. I would have more boxes for them if I had the space, but my apartment is so small, there's no other place to keep one.
Ahh okay. Have you ever seen your cats use the litter box at the same time? Even though I have two litter boxes. I've seen both my kittens use the litter box at the same time.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh okay. Have you ever seen your cats use the litter box at the same time? Even though I have two litter boxes. I've seen both my kittens use the litter box at the same time.
My cats don't use it together. I've seen kittens do that. They see their sibling in there and think that looks like fun, I want to play in the sand box too.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Scoop out the bad stuff daily (or twice...she is a regular donator of nuggets) and replace/clean the entire thing weekly.