How Much Lap Kitty is Too Much?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna is my lap kitty, so to speak. Being heavy I don't really have a lap, so she likes to sit up high on my chest near my face, cradled in my arms. If she had her way I would be holding / carrying her 24/7, 365 days of the year. She would be happy if I carried her to the litter box and picked her back up when she was done too!
Unfortunately she finds that she has to get down to go and get a drink, eat and use the litter box. As soon as she's done she is back pestering me to pick her up and cuddle her.

I do love her to pieces, but the amount of time she wants to cuddle can be very annoying at times. I try to ignore her periodically hoping that she will just settle down where she is and go to sleep. But instead she just stares, meows, taps, paws and is just generally persistent until she gets her way.

I try to keep in mind that she's over 17 years, and usually give in to her cuddle whims.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rusty is definately not a lap cat! Dusty will jump on my lap occasionally when I am here on the computer. When I am sitting up in bed reading, she will try to sit on my lap, book, or whatever I am holding at the time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Mom has trouble with one of her cats, Pumpkin. When we got him I had just gotten married, but I was over there a lot. He was a preemie and only weighed about a pound. He would get cold on his own so he loved to snuggle, especially on my chest or on my shoulder.

Well now he's a full grown boy who thinks he must snuggle and knead on you all night long. He has to lay in Mom's arms when they are in bed. He kneads her armpit till it's extreemly sore. He still spends time on your lap when he wants to...but then he prefers to lick and bite your fingers.
He also puts one of the dogs in a headlock to bathe her.

(BTW...my best friend lives on Okinawa. :eek:) )